How long to learn singing and rapping (male)

I am an aspiring Vtuber. I want to become good at singing at rapping before I start.
I enjoy karaoke but absolutely horrendous at singing. My friends say my singing is disrespectful to the songs I sing to the point of facepalming.
How long will it take me? I never sing at home because I'm too shy but I am thinking of taking lessons.

Attached: gura.png (1318x1042, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f2g003Cp6i8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ask that to kool keith or read mark e smith interviews

I've been trying for 4 years and only this year I kinda made it
Don't give up but THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is to get a good an honest teacher who will not bullshit you about your voice type.
I've spent a lot of time trying to sing that I'm physically incapable of.
I always tried to do tenor thing while being baritone and it's fucking stupid. What's the point of getting a high note while ripping your throat, using a lot of energy if tenor can go for those notes without any sweat and dance while doing it.

Thanks for the offer but I'm too shy to talk on Discord via voice chat I haven't overcome that yet. I have never used voice chat in my life, even during games. Also I don't want to risk my voice getting doxxed, my singing is currently so bad that if there is any leak it would get many thousands of views of people laughing at me. My currently level would make Simon Cowell shoot himself in the head, I'd rather take lessons in person with someone who knows nothing about internet culture.
I aspire to become maybe as good as this guy (initial half, sorry for Japanese) youtube.com/watch?v=f2g003Cp6i8

>4 years
Damn, okay thanks.

>How long will it take me?
How long will it take you to become good? you will never be good because a real artist is never satisfied and knows there is always more to learn. it is a lifelong journey. you seem to want to sing just to have some gimmick to use to try to attract fans but why would someone go to a vtuber to hear someone sing when they can just listen to an actual singer? someone who is not good but amazing? also I don't know why any guy would want to be a vtuber. the male vtubers get absolutely crushed by the female ones. it's not even close. why do you want to be a vtuber in the first place? what about it speaks to you? what would you be offering that the existing male vtubers do not? the steaming market in general is absurdly oversaturated. If you really do want to learn to sing then go for it and I will agree with some of the other people here that you should find a good vocal coach. that might mean trying out several different ones before you find one you like working with, but it is worth it.

I was thinking of becoming a virtual English teacher for Japanese people while becoming an idol. Two reasons, I want to make friends with cute vtuber girls and also I thought the superchat might pay slightly better than my current English teaching job (online, 3000 yen per hour). Quite simple, /vt/ called me a troll for my motives but I am totally serious.
I want to become a creator. I spent 1 year drawing on /ic/ but then I injured my hand and it hasn't healed for 6 months. I am thinking either Blender or Vtubing. One or the other. I hate being a wage slave.

>I want to make friends with cute vtuber girls
oh, sweetie

It's only the beginning. I've got my best teacher on the 4th years. Think with her i would've made it in my second year
Just remember to sing what you can. I wanted to sing weeknd or timberlake but it's useless, even if you can get those notes it's very grating for your throat and sounds much more shitty. I remember reading that guy from Queen was a baritone and he sang high. As a result he had throat problems and coughed blood

i was about to make a thread about this. any tips on learning how to sing? i can't falsetto, my voice is just too deep and monotone to do much other than butcher a johnny cash song

Vocal training is basically just going la lA La LA LAAA back and forth, right?

>wage slave
don't teachers work for a salary? I don't know man. I don't know what the economy is like right now in Japan but if it's like it is in the US then you might have trouble finding students. if I had a cushy teaching job I would keep it. freelancing is rough, even in good times. I also don't really understand what being a singing vtuber has to do with being an English teacher. maybe I'm dumb but I'm not seeing the logic there.

everyone can falsetto because everyone has a chest voice and a head voice.

my falsetto is essentially just, me being on the verge of my voice cracking and getting to that point where you're just making a high pitched air noise. is there a way to not sound like that?

yes, but I'm not a vocal coach; you should talk to a vocal coach. but yes what's you're doing is essentially "overdriving" your head voice. that's how baritone singers like Chris Cornell and Robert Plant got that wailing rock god sound. falsetto requires a lighter touch in that register.

Cornel is def bari
But plant? He's classic hard rock tenor man, same as ozzy or aerosmith, motley crue and others

Get the tuner and metronome ap.

Go to the tuner option and just sing scales. The tuner will tell you if you are on key. After you’ve got confidence try singing a basic song to train yourself to hit pitches.

How about you fuck off instead?

Someone's mad.

English teaching pays well but it's not something you can brag about since just about anyone can do it. I want to become an artist.

Okay that sounds like a good way to begin practicing I guess thanks.

Based