When I was a teenager I became obsessed with trying to emulate kevin shields' playing style but was too poor to build...

when I was a teenager I became obsessed with trying to emulate kevin shields' playing style but was too poor to build an army of effects so instead I'd just slowly bend the only 3 chords I knew through a shitty built-in overdrive from a tiny budget amp I got for my birthday and would do that as loud as I could for hours at a time and thought it sounded amazing

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f (3).jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/1oBE8crytHCb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it probably did, you should've recorded it
i was always obsessed with clean tones so i didn't really fuck with pedals

You have very patient parents.

unironically you probably developed some kind of feel for the guitar you just need to get outside the autism box

absent* parents

I think I did record it, I used to have a 3DS I recorded with when I got bored. I can try and find it and vocaroo it

It probably did

rock music in general is the biggest joke

when i was a teenager i wanted to emulate so many different bands but my parents werent rich and i was stuck with tiny amps and shitty Squire guitars, which actually do sound like fucking shit no matter how good you can play. i spent a lot of time and energy into trying to save up for equipment but saving ~$1000 for a guitar and another 600 for an adequate amp is just too hard working minimum wage. i know im not perfect and other people have done it, but it never worked out for me. what a gay fucking genre where you have to spend upwards of 3K just to compete with other established bands. its outdated and its fucking gay anyway most of the time

Found it. Forgot there was also a built-in delay. This is 14-year-old me playing To Here Knows When
vocaroo.com/1oBE8crytHCb

i think i spent maybe 1k (of my parents' money) on a REALLY GOOD amp and guitar combo 15 years ago. still have and use them both. squiers fucking suck, no argument there, but there absolutely is very good budget equipment out there. you just gave up. and these days you can find a good guitar and amp for maybe 500 these days, even less on facebook marketplace

lmao

this sounds like i expected. 14 yr old you knew what was up

that seems like it would have been a pretty good deal, $1K for both? anyway, i forgot to mention that even if you do get good equipment, youve gotta treat that shit like an extra limb and make sure it doesnt get stolen or fucked up anywhere. when you live the rock n roll lifestyle and are gigging, it can be pretty easy to lose track of things.

Nice

yeah, for both. guitar center was a different beast back in those days. they actually had good equipment and prices. i only buy from reverb and FB marketplace anymore
> make sure it doesnt get stolen or fucked up
well sure, but that's true regardless of whether you're a bedroom beginner or a pro gigging musician. it can be a major setback regardless of where you're at in life. accept the risk, roll w/ the punches

this is the most authentic shoegaze i've ever heard

Attached: nice.jpg (589x402, 85.01K)

lol, thanks. I know my mom used to fucking hate when I'd play this kind of stuff and honestly I felt kind of embarrassed about it in retrospect, especially finding the video just now after not having heard it for so long. it's really amateurish.

based

This unironically sounds good

and now you're on Any Forums begging for attention like a dick starved bitch lmao how have you not killed yourself yet

Attached: 1471706814372.jpg (222x293, 18.35K)

rude!

You're retarded