This would be great if he didn't die and had time to flesh out these ideas some more...

This would be great if he didn't die and had time to flesh out these ideas some more. There are no samples in this project, this was recorded with a live band in the UK. The clean, dissonant guitars with trap beats are a really cool sound. Lil Peep had massive potential to really elevate music to the next level by combining rap with rock in a way that doesnt sound corny. The only thing is he's clearly on xannax here, his vocals sound pretty lazy and uninspired at times. His earliest work sounds better, at least vocally which is really sad.

Someone should make trap rock like this but also allow more room for improvisation. The formulaic, repetitive format of hip-hop can be very limiting

Attached: cover.jpg (630x630, 89.2K)

>There are no samples in this project, this was recorded with a live band in the UK. The clean, dissonant guitars with trap beats are a really cool sound
based i didnt realize this. rip peep.

Was fookin blown away by this lads natural song writing talent. As you were peep my friend

This was not recorded with a live band. You have no idea how beatmaking works if you think that. If you record a guitar part and then make a beat out of it, that's still a sample. You just mean he didn't sample other peoples' shit.

i meant 'live band' in the sense of a real, living group of people. also you dont know if they played the guitar parts the whole song through or just looped them. anyway, there were definitely overdubs so youre right i guess.

This came out before he died you stupid fuck. It was Pt. 2 that came out after.

And this album was shit, you’re clearly a new faggot fan who went “omG a rapper died!? he’s literally kurt cobain!!” and then decided to start listening.

Part One is better, Hellboy is better, there’s countless better projects, lil peep using samples is a staple of his music, when this album came out it was when he got signed and couldn’t use samples, the beats are shit, and it’s overproduced pop garbage, the demos are better than the actual album. it’s a disgrace desu, especially “Life Is Beautiful” they ruined one of the best lil peep songs and made it garbage.

Attached: A54B5D15-C9FF-4C26-97BC-1E0C1EF9ED6D.jpg (797x779, 80.55K)

>This came out before he died
I know that, im saying that if he didnt die shortly after he could have evolved more as an artist. Also they had plans for a part 2 so it wasnt really finished you stupid fuck

>especially “Life Is Beautiful” they ruined one of the best lil peep songs
Life wasnt on that album you stupid fuck. he also used a TeamSESH beat without permission for that song you stupid fuck

he was never going to grow as an artist because his attention span was permanently fried

true that underoath sample is awesome on hellboy

Shit take. He had already grown substantially into a guy competent enough to steal the highlight moment from a charli xcx pop song. The guy could do it all as a pop star

>he doesn’t know mixtapes don’t get permission for beats

>i specifically said PT 2 came out after he died, not sure what you’re arguing about

>Life is Beautiful was a single, I didn’t say it was on an album

kill yourself

Ayo this shit sucks

fr no cap

if Let U Down was actually on Pop 2 it would be the worst song on Pop 2 easily

100 percent my niggaz

Attached: 53503BF3-CB29-471B-88BE-1310ECCFEDDB.jpg (1557x821, 117.37K)

the reason they didnt use samples in COWYS was a conscious decision, it had nothing to do with sample clearance

Pt 2 is still a part of the same overall project, if he didnt die it could have been better

Life was just re-released with the original instrumental track like a week ago. it was originally a part of an EP called feelz btw, not a mixtape

yes an ep is still a mixtape little guy, there’s official eps and mixtape eps

and what is your point? once again i said Pt 1 was released while he was still alive, all I said was Pt 2 was released after

He was onto something. I grant you that. But he was also to dumb to realize what that thing it was. Otherwise he would of stayed alive long enough to bring it to reality. The window for the sound you seek is closed.

oh, and if you honestly believe it was a conscious decision then you’re retarded, most of the demos use samples

still the best white rapper
show me another pop punk rapper before him, he literally created his own unique style and was too dumb to see it

you are SO desperate to be right its hilarious. how about Peep literally said in an interview that he wanted to use a real band for the album? im not even going to bother addressing your other points because its pointless shit flinging. hang yourself

No, i’m really not, you’re just wrong, you can stop pretending to be other anons who agree with you now though