It's kino

It's kino.

Attached: a2661804248_10.jpg (1200x1200, 247.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QQmhKvNz_k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unwound seems like such a hard band to get into, I've tried to listen to their whole discography at least 3 times and I just can't
They do have great songs, but their album 'masterpieces' according to critics (Leaves Turn Inside You and Repetition) aren't that interesting to me, sometimes songs drag on for too long or I just can't enjoy it, I really like Fake Plastic Ideas though, but that's just because it feels more straight to the point and more Hardcore/Emo
youtube.com/watch?v=6QQmhKvNz_k

my favorite unwound album by far, if I start it I always have to listen to the whole thing. excellent pacing

a song from this album came on randomly (kantina maybe) in a spotify playlist so i had zero idea who or what they were but as soon as i heard it this whole album has since become one of my favourites
that's usually how it works for me though, hearing something with no expectations or knowledge usually hooks me in more than if i were recommended

poor man's fugazi

better in every way

is this actual music discussion on Any Forums ? you just kept me here for that much longer man, cheers. also unwound god-tier

Unwound always seemed very accessible for me. It's post-hardcore for pitchfork readers

now listen to based loaf and polvo to acquire some taste

i've already listened to them LOAFfag.

Based Polvo pseud.

boring take
very rare to find these days, especially rock related which is depressing
i can understand that, their sound is pretty grimy but i think ur overanalyzing it

easily top 3 Unwound album

Undeniably so, user.
Nothing about Unwound wants to be Fugazi. Way too technical

Unwound's discography is too fucking good man, as is this album, even though I only rank it as their 4th best.
Fake Train > Repitition > LTIY > NPI > TFOW > CFACS > s/t

Does anyone have any actual good band recs that aren't Fugazi, Polvo or the LOAF? Because I've looked and it feels like Unwound is the peak of post-hardcore and music in general

Leaves Turn Inside You requires a certain mood for sure

Idk man, Unwound sort of developed into their own branch, I can't really think of anything that's similar in the scene.
I've always thought Polvo's "Celebrate the New Dark Age" was somewhat reminiscent of Unwound's mid-career work, however you've seemingly already exhausted their discography.
If you're looking for something more unique maybe Thinking Fellers Union Local 282.

Hoover's one album is really good. Its more Emo, but still very good 90s style post-hardcore. (Note that the streaming version has their previous EP appended to the end; the last track of the album is Cuts Like Drugs, but those EP tracks are pretty good as well)

Rodan - Rusty is also a good album, though its a little more Slint worship-y

Attached: hoover.jpg (400x393, 27.5K)

there's nothing quite like Unwound, but as a general post hardcore rec, you might enjoy Jawbox

Yea that Polvo EP is probably their best, and I also just got into the Fellers as well recently, one of my new favorites. The only thing to me that's as god-tier as the majority of Unwound's stuff is Daydream Nation probably. I find it tragic that today's post-hc sounds so divorced from its 80s/90s roots

This album keeps popping up in my recs, but I keep putting it off. I'll be sure to check it out. I've also tried that Rodan album on multiple occasions, but it just hasn't quite clicked as hard as either Unwound or Slint for me
Heard the name before, I'll check them oit