Are there any albums that pick a lot of samples and make their own music out of their samples ?

are there any albums that pick a lot of samples and make their own music out of their samples ?

Attached: imagehy.jpg (1536x2048, 426.02K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R02upyBGlVA&list=OLAK5uy_mtWZYHZELKarQpR7CbHejnMkkzOem0Z6I
youtu.be/_cVFmpbcKIY
youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik6fua-F4k
youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKXxzv_TfLWmlJj6G3quWQ2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

since I left you

Hip hop

Holger Hiller
youtube.com/watch?v=R02upyBGlVA&list=OLAK5uy_mtWZYHZELKarQpR7CbHejnMkkzOem0Z6I

Panda Bear - Person Pitch
Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica

entire genres built on that
plunderphonics, chopped and screwed, vaporwave (some cases more some cases less), a lot of breakcore subgenres tend to mix a bunch of samples too

Doopees, stoch hausen and walkman, kid koala

youtu.be/_cVFmpbcKIY

>ill steal bits and pieces of boomers and millennials work and claim i made something. This way I won't have to learn an instrument or actually put in the time to become talented.
Zoomers in a nutshell.

Attached: zoomer.jpg (1177x662, 64.44K)

sampling is not new
its been around way before hip hop

death's dynamic shroud

>the thing I'm doing is not new
I know zoomy. That was my point.

Nic Sequeira is a good example of effective sampling. In his new song, Ferric Oxide Nightmare," I can make out at least 2 samples, both of which totally slap:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ik6fua-F4k

His songs have a ton of samples, and they're all utilized really effectively and transformatively

Attached: 8e90ecb13d193958e837c9d616cfb7ff.jpg (355x500, 25.75K)

FUCK yeah bro. I honestly don't know anyone who's better at sampling than Nic. He just pulls these words out of thin air and collages them up. He slices and dices old tapes and stuff like a chop-o-matic

Attached: 164818100240.jpg (540x361, 27.21K)

Nic reminds me a lot of The Bran Flakes or the Tape Beatles of some of those late 20th century plunderphonics groups, but with the added compliment of original instrumentation and vocals. The things Nic is able to pull off with as little as a basic tape deck is honestly inspirational. Looking forward to whatever the mad lad cooks up next

>110769586
Oh yeah of course Negativland and Prince Paul, 2 of the zoomiest zoomers ever, right wojak spammer?? Go back

Attached: 164818100241.jpg (540x360, 26.16K)

Hell yeah bro. Good to see a fellow Nic fan here on mu, his music makes me want to do fucking backflips with how cool his production value is

Attached: sadbrendan.png (854x480, 518.26K)

I like the opening sample on "Brutal Adhesive". It's one of Nic's best songs in my opinion, definitely doesn't get enough respect in the Nic back catalog. As far as advanced sampling techniques go, it's on the next fucking level

i only sample my own music.

Attached: 1546306896869.jpg (600x600, 32.74K)

mid

That kind of music peaked around 2000. Check out pretty much any hip hop or plunderponics album from then
youtube.com/watch?v=5nO7IA1DeeI&list=PL9dk_xtWpAkKXxzv_TfLWmlJj6G3quWQ2