I'm mystified by the laziness of people looking at how [Lady Gaga] presents herself...

>I'm mystified by the laziness of people looking at how [Lady Gaga] presents herself, and somehow assuming that implies there's a high level of intelligence in the songwriting. Her approach to image is really interesting, but you listen to the music, and you just hear glow sticks. Smart outlets for musical journalism give her all this credit, like she's the new Madonna. Although I'm coming from a perspective of also thinking Madonna is not great at all. I'm like, fair enough: she is the new Madonna, but Madonna's a dumbass.

>...my problem isn't actually with Lady Gaga. But there's not much in her music to distinguish it from other glossy, formulaic pop. She just happens to wear slightly weirder outfits than Britney Spears. But they're not that weird, they're mostly just skimpy. She's fully marketing her body/sexuality; she's just doing it while wearing, like, a "fierce" telephone hair-hat. Her sexuality has no scuzziness, no frank raunchiness, in the way that, say, Peaches, or even Grace Jones, have-- she's Arty Spice. And, meanwhile, she seems to take herself so oddly seriously, the way she talks about her music in the third person, like she's Brecht or something. She just makes me miss Cyndi Lauper. I shouldn't have called Madonna a dumbass. Her music and she have just gotten so boring to me, this last decade. I think maybe she doesn't hold her money very gracefully, the way some people can't hold their drink. But one thing she is surely not is dumb.

Attached: our queen.jpg (480x601, 62.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEshpkEX5Q&t=1079s
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbn3fvmA7U&t=2255s
youtu.be/EVBsypHzF3U
youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8
youtu.be/QGJuMBdaqIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'd rather listen to a 12 hour drone piece consisting of one single tone than one minute of Newsom's Disney elf music.

I agree with everything she said tho

>12 hour drone piece consisting of one single tone
but that sounds fucking sick

I'm listening to a drone piece right now, as a matter of fact. The first one on this album...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8TEshpkEX5Q&t=1079s

Shit, wrong link

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_sbn3fvmA7U&t=2255s

i mean, at least Poker Face was kind of fun

sort of brave of her to say this in 2010, not gonna lie. newsom is great and wasn't even considered an indie legend or whatever in 2010, she was an indie darling though.

ya, i must admit, i was somewhat smitten her first album because it seemed somewhat coy at the time. Born This Way just repulsed me though; she came out the box acting like an ironic parody of pop music and then we are expected to swallow this unironic gay anthem shit? Newsom smelled bullshit and described the stench quite well

Sounds jelly

Kek based

too bad she gave up on music and life itself to become that dude's blow-up doll

>she has the nerve to...have a family and not die a pathetic lonely cat lady like Lavren/Hayley/TS

I think Joanna Newsom is great and I agree with her complaint that Gaga's music has nothing weird about it at all.
This shit is also great

ah thanks for reminding me of this; some user had posted it years ago and i found it fairly interesting at the time - now I have a sub.

I like a good handful of Lady Gaga's songs, and I don't care for hookeresque popstars.

she's not wrong

lady gaga is crap, but imagine caring about the opinion of a indie landfill artist

I think she is. She’s butthurt that nobody gives a fuck about her shrill voice and harp music

I didn't know this was a hipster hangout: youtu.be/EVBsypHzF3U

Does she have any retarded hot takes on Katy Perry: youtu.be/CevxZvSJLk8

lal who cares about Gaga anymore? she's only known now for LARPing as Peggy Lee and doing Weekend at Bernie's gigs with a senile man.

Who ever cared about Joanna Newfag? Nobody except Andy Sandler

Jelly that he's likely cummed on her face and tits many times and you haven't?

This is a Katy Perry thread now: youtu.be/QGJuMBdaqIw

Attached: cast away.jpg (650x366, 27.48K)