Masterful production from Brian Eno, who challenged the band to make every song very distinct from one another...

Masterful production from Brian Eno, who challenged the band to make every song very distinct from one another, he also finished some of their songs for them. Incredible instrumentation, including homemade instruments, hidden tracks, playing with track lengths and titles and track ordering. Also help from Brian Eno collaborator Jon Hopkins. Hidden tracks like Reign of Love, Chinese Sleep Chant, and The Escapist that really make the album. Motifs and phrases scattered throughout the record.

Is it still cool to hate heckin' Coldplay or are we over ourselves now and are able to enjoy this record for what it is?

Attached: 40E3FACB-4897-486B-A3E3-0637AF609AAB.jpg (640x640, 182.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdYTM2_xHCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Better than any Radiohead album desu

Didn't know that Brian Eno produced this, makes me more inclined to listen to it.

Absolutely not. What a silly contrarian take.

It's pretty good though

Yes might be the most Eno track on the album. A track like Lovers in Japan also requires great care and balance to get the mix just right. I love the toy piano they built for it, I can't get it out of my mind all these years later.

The Rick Rubin version of this album would feature a lot less of the fun guitar playing Coldplay showed on this album. Give credit to Eno for bringing this out of a group like Coldplay, look at their previous work. I like Eno's vision of sound for sound's sake, sound above all else, bring me what you have. There's so much to pay attention to at any given point. And give credit to the members of Coldplay for their playing and singing and music making, they planned for a great great record and they executed it, and whether it's fair or not, Chris Martin gets a lot of that credit.

the album cover is complete shit because of the text, so i'm not going to listen to it

One of the worst bands ever. Coldplay fucking STINKS.
Of course the no-taste tonedeaf faggot likes both Coldplay and Radiohead

Attached: 1551669277653.jpg (836x727, 105.28K)

It's good, but I prefer there next record more. They acquired their signature Coldplay sound and wrote a zero-skip album. I think hating on Coldplay is just a hip thing to do. If you don't listen to them you can't criticize them. I thought they were awful until I listened to their material and it absolutely clicked

Attached: zpe3owhwlfu71.jpg (1456x1456, 443.12K)

one of the best albums of the 00s, absolute masterpiece

talking objectively, better than at least more than a half and i love RH

Based, this and AHFOD

Attached: A1p7bWyAvmL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 555.3K)

I have to thank Coldplay, without them using an early version of Light Through the Veins on Life in Technicolour and the end track, I would have probably never heard of Jon Hopkins until much later. And he is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=RdYTM2_xHCU

It will always be cool to hate on Coldplay. Often times we view music as an extension of a band's personalities, and Coldplay have been so drab as public figures that they severed that connection in a way that hurts their music for plenty of people. It's a shame, because this album is a genuine pop masterpiece. Flawed though it may be in places, it still ought to be remembered among the great 2000s records.

Mylo Xyloto is good and all, but
>zero-skip album
>Princess of China

>Princess of China
I think it's the weakest of the "hits" on the album, but I don't skip it. That guitar hook is meaty

Viva La Vida is fantastic but THIS is the truly underrated Coldplay album

top tier night music right here

Attached: 8e2f74002879326e05f09cf69a5ea666.jpg (1426x1426, 300.85K)

something something paid content thread

are you implying Coldplay team paid money to advertise a 14 year old album on a shitty music board

>Masterful production from Brian Eno
yeah too bad coldplay sucks even with eno
it will always be cool to hate coldplay

>remember listening to this album back in 2010 on a beach in denmark
I want to go back

Coldplay suck so hard

>contrarian
Lots of people feel the same way though. Coldplay is as huge as Radiohead