What's the difference between death metal, black metal, and thrash metal...

What's the difference between death metal, black metal, and thrash metal? I listened to examples of each from "essentials" lists but I don't see any difference, it all sounds the same:

Black: youtube.com/watch?v=nU8TRLypQOY
Death: youtube.com/watch?v=JB8Cle_mQtA
Thrash: youtube.com/watch?v=u7_hAMZ9EWk

Attached: Kiss.jpg (600x393, 33.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IVX4tumzsn0
youtube.com/watch?v=p9zFiza86jk
youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Death metal is horseshit, black metal can be good sometimes and thrash metal is somewhere in between.

Thrash = Metallica clones
Death = Death clones
Black = Burzum clones

Who came up with these "essential" lists? A Brazilian monkey?

you faggot you actually went and cherrypicked albums that sound exactly the same. kek gtfo

Attached: pikahahaha.jpg (639x470, 19.37K)

I didn't cherrypick them, they're what's considered "essential" and "best of"

Music journalists are clueless about metal, don't trust them.

You posted 3 thrash songs

It was from Any Forums and /metal/

But Sarcofago was told to me to be "essential black metal" and Morbid Visions was in the "best of death metal" lists

/moo/ is clueless, /meal/ is full of shitposting and you're dumb enough to trust them.

Black metal is different from the other two due to being more lo-fi, more diy, and much looser in terms of songwriting

>I listened to examples of each from "essentials" lists but I don't see a difference
Either you got really lucky/unlucky with what examples you picked, or this is a cherrypicked bait thread because you posted three extremely specific "examples" of extreme metal from the late 1980s that are all blackened deathrash.

Even if you did pick from death metal, black metal, and thrash metal essentials lists at random, there's statistically almost no way you'd get these three bands and say "these genres all sound the same".

This is pure thrash metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=IVX4tumzsn0
This is pure death metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=p9zFiza86jk
This is pure black metal.
youtube.com/watch?v=z8VIhIIq-kk

Learn the difference, they sound nothing alike.

Attached: Basara leaf.gif (500x370, 2.07M)

Because sarcofago was important in the development of bm but it's not yet bm.
And morbid visions is pretty avarage.

Sarcofago, Shizo and Sepultura get interchangeably labeled death, thrash and black all the time that it's literally a decades old meme at this point, nice thread

this
death metal has very little good shit from what ive heard
black metal is either legendary or really sucky
thrash metal is somewhere in between its usually good but rarely hits as well as most black metal also rarely hits as shitty as most death metal

Where are you getting your essentials from?
Because none of the first 5 links from a quick google search lists Sepultura as a death metal essential.

The only one I can find is this ancient chart made on Any Forums back in like 2013 and it lists Sepultura as "brutal thrash"/"proto-death metal", not death metal.

Attached: Death Metal essentials.jpg (1600x4300, 2.3M)

People have been recommending it to me, and yes, I saw a chart like that too

The simple answer:
Black Metal is good
Death Metal is okay sometimes
Thrash Metal is boring boomer shit

These are 3 proto extreme metal bands from when they was no clear difference dumbass

worst example i’ve ever seen

>The simple answer:
>Black Metal is good
>Death Metal is okay sometimes
>Thrash Metal is boring boomer shit
true

Thrash metal is the only good one, death and black metal are garbage for edgy kids