Uh why should I hate him again? his taste seems grounded in a solid knowledge of music history...

uh why should I hate him again? his taste seems grounded in a solid knowledge of music history, and based around objective criteria

Attached: piero.jpg (200x200, 31.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hL0tnrl2L_U
scaruffi.com/ratings/1998.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hate? i don't know
love? i don't know either
fuck this old fuck and his musical opinions that i'm going to continue never reading lmao

YASSSSSSSSSS QUEEN
because he said that the beatles and bowie are bad, so you should act like sperging fanboy and hate him to death.

>objective criteria
kek

he doesn't like this song? seriously?
youtube.com/watch?v=hL0tnrl2L_U

>solid knowledge of music history, and based around objective criteria
Name one example

I don't hate him. He finds a lot of rare gems and he's never falls for media hype since he has nothing to gain or lose by giving Beyonce or Kendrick Lamar a 5/10.
Sometimes he can be a little too biased against artists he hates or underrate catchy music but that's about it.

>his taste seems grounded in a solid knowledge of music history
He bitterly rewrites music history to conform to his own opinions. For example, the infamous Beatles entry (beyond the intro pasta) is 90% pulled directly out of his ass.
>and based around objective criteria
Writing in a faux-authoritative style doesn’t make it objective. His reviews are entirely subjective and often inconsistent or contradictory in their standards. He clearly just uses the site as an outlet to feel validated in his obscure and contrarian tastes by building his own parallel universe where his tastes are accepted conventional wisdom. It’s not even special in that regard, as autistic ego-stroking personal sites like this were a dime a dozen in the early days of the internet. I guess he’s lucky Any Forums found him.

I still like him for prog, but agreed with this. Also he rates his own poetry in the best of all time on his website.

He’s right though. The Beatles started the poptimism craze while Bowie and Elvis paved the way for industry plants to dominate the industry. (Oh and Elvis popularized death).

i don't hate him, but i remember when i was in my Emmure phase when i used them to reply to the turbo autist Scaruffi fanboys who spammed him all the day, good times

Attached: captura.png (2000x1028, 2.87M)

Attached: le scruff.png (971x843, 591.47K)

Attached: the truth.png (924x620, 429.37K)

He's cringe, all music reviewers are, hes just loved on this board because he matches the pretentiousness of it

damn it i used to have more but deleted them because i needed more space on my PC
well anyways, scruff fags seemed to grew up so not a big loss for shitposting

Attached: patrician.png (2000x873, 2.07M)

>Elvis popularized death
honey
learn some history
and what Romantism was and how it deeply shaped the art and philosophy and fucked the mentality of a whole century: Goethe, Byron, Chateaubriand, Baudelaire and the list goes on

I think he meant death in relation to rockstars, which still isn't true since Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin among many others already did the die young thing.

yeah his lists are great

scaruffi.com/ratings/1998.html

On terms of curating music John Peel is better than that jack of all trades master of none

he might as well be a tabloid writer. and idk what mental illness one needs to have to be spoonfed this badly. why is it only in music so many losers worship critics

>it's real
uhju uhju wait till you see the ph- uhhujuJUJUJUUU NO NO NO NO ohhhHOHOo ohh uhhuhhuhh EATJAHWQUIEHQWIUOHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA AAA LOOK AT THE TOP OF HIS HEAD HEEEEEEEE HAHAHAHAAA

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-22 231833.png (776x867, 301.77K)

holy based