If butt-rock is so bad, why can't I stop listening to it...

If butt-rock is so bad, why can't I stop listening to it? Sometimes I get in the mood to just binge on shitty early 2000s music.

Attached: artworks-zVTLlYiLNWKYljy4-P2jsig-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 59.25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o
youtube.com/watch?v=O-fyNgHdmLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I couldn't stop listening to hyperpop for two years but I don't try to claim is good

Sometimes people like bad things

because you are joe average

FAX!!! (unironically)

because there is a section of buttrock that is good and nostalgic. Truth butt-rock gets too much hate and isn't as bad as people make it.

youtube.com/watch?v=xJJsoquu70o

Ummm, third what, now?

any genre that gets popular is bound to have at least a couple good songs, if only by accident. none of them were made by nickelback, though.

Kudos for posting the peak of post-grunge.
Blurry tops that list, and is definitely accidentally given the rest of that band's output.

butt-rock in and of itself isn't bad. it can even be okay to good. the reason it's butt-rock is because it's soulless and written-by-committee to chart. of course it sounds good and you might even bop along, but you don't feel it.

Is butt-rock the mumble rap of rock?

>butt
are you what, a faggot?

if by that you mean it was a bastardized, simplified down-turn of the genre after a creative peak the previous decade... yeah, that fits.

This butt-rock you refer to isn’t always written by committees; it’s often just a well constructed and written song, something half of Any Forums wouldn’t understand because they like zoomer meme-music

rockstar's kinda catchy tho

The answer is that it's not inherently bad, or even mostly bad. Don't allow yourself to be influenced by the performative hatred of people who have never formed any semblance of a "taste" because they see music as something which, if they gather all the right opinions about it, can make people like them.

idk but higher by creed is a great song

I like Never Again by Nickelback

Creed had banger singles desu. it's a shame the albums were bad.

i don't hate "my own prison"

this is their best song though
youtube.com/watch?v=O-fyNgHdmLI