I don't understand how anyone who isn't a rich WASP from the northeast can enjoy this album

i don't understand how anyone who isn't a rich WASP from the northeast can enjoy this album

Attached: vampire-weekend.jpg (745x750, 62.54K)

some of us live in the midwest, too.

>WASP
all the members are jewish.

not a rich WASP from the northeast here. the highlife influence just makes it so fun. they're also really good songwriters too. love me some good jewish pop lol. great discography, outside of Father of the Bride, which was horrible.

it's music for WASPs

This album is just further proof that Jews want to be black so bad.

wasps are typically a mix of irish, german(nonjewish), and english, but yes they do sympathize with jews quite a bit

It's about being rich vicariously through their music

It's kinda like Elvis Costello. They're just playing it up.

baffles me how Any Forums can’t appreciate good songs. everything has to be experimental/wacky/abrasive

Tje fuck is wasp, am from northeast though and enjoy a fair amount of vampire weekend

Bee music?

Wasp is an acronym
White
Anglo-
Saxon

There's no German or Irish in there. And wasps were the ones who wouldn't accept Jews into their country clubs, so..

Cause everyone here is embarrassed to be called a fag. Modern Vampires of The City is a fantastic and brilliant album to me.

*Protestant
Fucking phone. Any of you have a Samsung phone just delete entire words/sentences when you start a new paragraph? Cause I do

they forgot Protestant but yeah, this

The ivy league vibe was part of the appeal.

Saxons were German, dumbass

Upper class college kids in California are also capable of understanding it. As long as youre a preppy douchebag going to university, you are capable of getting it

I believe they hail from Jutland, which is on the Danish peninsula.

I remember some irritating zoomer on the radio introduced the song A-Punk as, "here's the new one from Vampy Wee-Wee" and I shut off the radio and finished the drive home from work in complete silence.

Attached: 1271554683692.jpg (180x218, 5.57K)

Always makes me laugh when people do the "VW is white" shtick, I just go look at who produced their first three albums

Attached: Screenshot 2022-05-19 at 21-39-32 Vampire Weekend (album) - Wikipedia.png (292x96, 3.11K)