I unironically think this is Metallica's best album precisely for the reasons that people hate it - production and...

I unironically think this is Metallica's best album precisely for the reasons that people hate it - production and songwriting
I just don't get it

Attached: image_2022-05-19_163346460.png (1000x1000, 1.45M)

>was super hype for this album
>made all my usernames at the time "St-Anger" related
>album was shit and I was stuck with the username

Metallichads, I kneel

Attached: Lou_Reed_and_Metallica_-_Lulu.jpg (220x220, 9.87K)

actually state your case or fuck off

Actually think there's a lot of good ideas on this album, just the production sucks ass. Oh well. At least we have an album where some dudes re-recorded this whole thing.

St. Anger and Lulu are actually the best Metallica albums. The boomer favorites sound empty and are completely obsolete when you have access to tech thrash.

Attached: 1650674029813.jpg (912x1024, 71.21K)

Based technologybro

>OOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOooooOOOOHH WHAT A GOOOoooD BOOoooY YOU AREEE

I'm listening to Frantic right now and listening to the production and just thinking it sucks. I really just hate James' voice. It's only good for the early albums where it's locked in with that thrash style.

This album sounds like they recorded the drums with a room mic or something and then recorded all the other parts in individual rooms without regard for each other's input. It literally sounds like an unmixed demo. I think the point of that is to bring a decidedly garage rock style to the band's output, but it's contrived. Their old garage material doesn't actually sound anything like this, it sounds more solid and put together.

This is like a heavy metal fridge doodle. It completely sucks.

>MY LIFESTYLE
>DETERMINES MY DEATH STYLE

Attached: cfb.jpg (666x666, 52.96K)

>precisely for the reasons that people hate it - production and songwriting
So you admit that you like it because it's bad? Because the songwriting and production are objectively awful. What a sad, ironic existence you must live

I think the songs are well-written and accessible and I love the drums

Are you on the spectrum or something?

You can't make the songs as long as AJFA with 4 riffs. It gets boring.

Well I'm on Any Forums so

>FUCK IT ALL FUCK IT NO REGRETS I HIT THE LIGHTS ON THESE DARK SETS

Attached: 1643680213184.png (746x541, 255.78K)

>I really just hate James' voice. It's only good for the early albums where it's locked in with that thrash style.
imagine being unable to realise that James's 2000s voice is completely different from his 1980s voice in every possible regard and it's got nothing to do with the musical style

it's "never happy endings on these dark sets", man.

My lyrics are better.

Attached: 1590356398724.jpg (777x652, 92.37K)

Describe how the production and songwriting is bettet than Ride the Lightning

I agree with this.

Ride the Lightning? More like Ride the SHITNING!