/classical/

Bach edition

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous Thread:

Attached: 0c7316b8b92c4149a3557f0b9cf9a877.jpg (350x350, 35.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hindupedia.com/en/Brahm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whats everyone here favourite Sonatas And Partitas?

Attached: 51Jy0naLUFL.jpg (500x429, 42.7K)

not sure anyone wants to talk to you after the weird gay orgasm you were having over szeryng in the last thread bro

I don't want anymore Bach editions, I want Mozart editions.

>I love Henryk Szeryng recordings. He has a distinct style of playing.
>you are having a GAY ORGASM
Why are you like this, user?

idk man it's just fucking weird, like dont ever do that again or i might have to get a restraining order.

Milstein overall. Heifetz is worth it for his Chaconne alone, though.

>Karl Klingler
>During the years before the war he was receiving glowing reviews from the critics, notably in 1911 for a performance with the Welsh 'cellist Arthur Williams and the Galician pianist Artur Schnabel, in the United States, of Beethoven's Triple Concerto.
jesus christ, imagine how that would have sounded

Petzold's minuets far surpass Bach's minuets, which contain all too much filler and, with the exception of the 4th, end in a whimper. Bach was never able to write a truly triumphant cadence, instead concluding in a placid continuation of the present mood (the 1st attempts to contrive tragedy in a minor key introduction, only to return to the major tonality of the previous movements). Just compare the lackluster finale of his 3rd minuet, coming after the intense 3rd sarabande, with the cathartic minuets of Petzold's suites in G major and B-flat major. Bach's slow movements in the first three suites are also more tedious than memorable or moving.

i like how you can still tell this was originally written about brahms’ symphonies.

the whole brahm family made symphonies?

looked up just "brahm" and found this
hindupedia.com/en/Brahm

um yeah that's really basic hindu theology. nothing esoteric

well i wouldn't know anything about pajeets or shitting in streets.

Unfortunately I do. I handle their computers. Good lord I'm pretty sure they use their laptops as plates

brings to mind an old greentext from a decade ago about a tech support guy who found out that ranjeet was using his laptop's disk tray (from back when they had those) as a plate.

Need to listen to Beethoven cello stuff

then fucking do it. literally no one is stopping you. jfc

Kubrick's 2001 ruined the start of Also Sprach Zarathustra for me and I hate it.

the rest of it isn't terribly good so it's not like there was much to ruin

Occasionally I like to use an excerpt from it as an example of split vs non split violins, but that's about it. As far as Strauss tone poems go there's better ones

a couple of the cello sonatas are fun

surely there must be better examples for that in the orchestral repertoire than a first class second rate tone poem.