Coldplay were a good band

Coldplay were a good band.

Attached: download (2).jpg (225x225, 13.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7uyrtca_fpc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no nigger

>were
very smart use of words there user

Attached: theonlygoodone.jpg (1425x1425, 92.45K)

it’s so true, Parachutes and everything preceding it ruled hard. Even the Rush of Blood B-Sides are better than the actual album. Coldplay could have been one of the greatest shoegaze bands ever if they had gone down a slightly different path. Instead they made the mistake of recording Yellow and got badly addicted to money and fame, and sleep-aid… LMAO

Starts as a Radiohead rip-off, ends as a Maroon 5 rip-off.

Pathetic.

>badly addicted to money and fame
you're mixing up cause and effect, they were soulless middle-class yuppie kids from the start but it was the Blair years so people weren't upset at it like they are by art school poshos now
But pop music was good back then so the music they made to soullessly fit into that milieu was also fantastic
now pop music is shit, so they've gone to shit too, they went from emulating good pop music to emulating bad pop music
you're correct though that they're one of the worst cases of lost creative potential of the 21st century
youtube.com/watch?v=7uyrtca_fpc

they never had much in common with Radiohead except Pablo Honey vs. the pre-Parachutes tracks, same for Muse past Showbiz, the comparisons were just the music press being insane and lacking broader perspective

i enjoy many of coldplay's hits, but i never voluntarily listen to them.

Keep telling yourself that

No.

I agree. After their first two albums they went to shit. Shiver is a wonderful song, though.

This album has that one shoegazey song which is actually fucking tight

>sparks into yellow into trouble
I'm going to kill myself.

Attached: 20220504_200913.jpg (500x375, 22.74K)

ever since I deleted Yellow off the track listing on my ipod my life has improved exponentially, the emotional flow of the album works so much better with Sparks leading into Trouble into title track, and I was given millions of dollars a faster car and many beautiful women by the enemies of chris Martin themselves

btw nice trips Satan

Goddamnit I love irony

I just like to think that if their early grabs at fame hadn’t worked at all, Chris might have become a frustrated enough yuppie to start writing more daring music
but I really just tell that to myself because as a coldplay fan I am one of the most tortured souls in existence and it has driven me manic and insane
ultimately you’re probably right, they had their eyes set on stadium shows from the start, they were probably destined to be soulless sellouts no matter what

I do disagree slightly, I think their earlier albums worked so well because it was a form of pop they understood better, I don’t think they were making that kind of music out of soulless greed right away because there were definitely more commercially viable genres at the time than britpop, which was well on its way out at the turn of the millennium

I think once the language of pop changed to something they didn’t understand but really wanted to pursue, that was when they really started sucking and fucking hard

Yellow is awesome, fuck you all.

how does the most retarded lyricist in britpop get worldwide fame for a couple decades

>and the spies hide out in every corner
>but you can’t touch them, no…
>… cuz theyyyy aaaare spieeeeees

like the music hits good and all but what is this 3rd grade nonsense

For me it's Violet Hill, the best Coldplay song.

It's up there, but Death and All His Friends is the best Coldplay song because it's the lone time Chris Martin is genuinely poignant.

Viva is their best album, comfortably.

"we're" is right.