Is 20 too late to start a band?

I mean I know it's not but I can't help but feel stupid coming this late.
At least I have a sound and don't have to mess around with finding the style of the band but still

Attached: 1652351674447.jpg (1200x1200, 130.16K)

no dumbfuck stop being a dramatic teenager

I am five years late dude.
But any tips? I already set my mind to focus on the songwritting and style so no technique fuckery

Lots of successful bands formed when people were mid-late 20's

why? that's when most start bands.

It feels wierd, all my friends are moving on with their lives and I am still a musician like a edgy teenager, not that I'd be anything else really, but sure feels odd. I gotta keep working.

>tips?
If you focus on songwriting, I'd say finish about 5 songs and then start looking for bandmates. It's best to look for people who share your tastes to an extent, not yes-men but someone who can give good advice on how to polish up the material. It's easier with drummers since a lot of them just like drumming to whatever as long as it's in their general ballpark. Once you've got everyone on board, do some rehearsals and maybe throw around ideas for songs that are not yet done, perhaps jam to some riffs you're working on. It's good to record yourself rehearsing to then watch it back and see your progress and mistakes. Start playing live as soon as you feel confident in your ability.

>coming this late
>Literally in his 20s
Start now stop whinning, you are acting like you where 45

>five years late
who the FUCK is going to want to listen to a group of 15 year olds? lmao delusional

try being 26 cocksucker. ive gotta start from scratch. i dont know how to do anything else. god i wanna die so bad

Would you say a metal drummer would be willing to tone down for a more straight forward rock simplistic rock band? I think once I get a drummer It would be smooth sailing to get bandmates. I have songs but not good songs. As of now I've played with friends on acoustic guitars and stuff but never to a drummer or a full band setting. I hope by once I get a drummer I can start jamming with him, get a bassist on board and get at least a three piece with me as driving force, but as of now the best I can get is an edgy metal drummer

i'm 20 and i'm not starting my band until next year. Haven't even learned to play yet although my teacher says that i'm learning fast

Where can I find a band to join?

>edgy metal drummer
Can be hard to work with if he doesn't like the material. Best to ask him personally if this will be a problem. I know a drummer who likes metal but plays for softer bands, but our town is so dead in terms of local music that for him it's either that or nothing. Some drummers are just into almost anything though.
>I have songs but not good songs.
If you like at least something about you songs, they can be salvaged and improved, maybe replace some parts with better ones or add something onto it. I usually just take one or two good riffs and play them to death until I get an idea for something to add onto them. Other times some old stuff just sits in a folder somewhere until you rediscover it and listen to it with a fresh ear. Either way, it's good if your bandmates invest in the process. Writing bass parts is something that I always leave to the bassist since he's creative about it but knows what a pocket is.

m8 there are numerous examples of 30+ year olds getting big
And most pop music is made by old fucks anyway
You should aim to do that
Fame is retarded

>Can be hard to work with if he doesn't like the material. Best to ask him personally if this will be a problem. I know a drummer who likes metal but plays for softer bands, but our town is so dead in terms of local music that for him it's either that or nothing. Some drummers are just into almost anything though.
Hopefully not, I'd be straight forward with him without being an asshole
>hey dude, i know you drum, would you like to jam a bit
If it goes well okay, then I'd ask him if he's willing to tone down on the fills etc and play for a indie, but hard hitting band
>If you like at least something about you songs, they can be salvaged and improved, maybe replace some parts with better ones or add something onto it. I usually just take one or two good riffs and play them to death until I get an idea for something to add onto them. Other times some old stuff just sits in a folder somewhere until you rediscover it and listen to it with a fresh ear. Either way, it's good if your bandmates invest in the process. Writing bass parts is something that I always leave to the bassist since he's creative about it but knows what a pocket is.
I think my riffs and guitar parts are okay, But my vocals lines suck, and at least I have an idea of how to fix them and improve them but still.
And yeah, while, I think I am a better bassist than guitarist (lol) I JUST write my parts, not that couldn't write the bass parts and add sampled drums but I just don't want to do that job, I come with the ideas, the chords the vocals and maybe a riff and you guys write you parts to it

The Ramones were all well past 20 when they started. They couldn't play that well, so they made up their own sound, which became it's own genre.

I am just to nervous and stressed I guess, life is too much lately and I feel like I fell out of track last year around september and haven't fully got my shit together. I should be doing shows right now

>And yeah, while, I think I am a better bassist than guitarist (lol) I JUST write my parts, not that couldn't write the bass parts and add sampled drums but I just don't want to do that job, I come with the ideas, the chords the vocals and maybe a riff and you guys write you parts to it
Yeah, I get that. It's possible to do everything on your own, but it makes the process even slower than it is normally. I stick to guitar and vocals, and thanks to Guitar Pro I can write drums that our production guy uses to make the sampled drum parts.
Vocals are definitely my weak point, but I make the instrumentals the focus of the songs anyway and write stuff that doesn't make me strain my voice. Helps that most of my favorite bands have vocalists that started untrained as well.

People are starting bands in their fifties and getting successful
You do you

No
I'm 23 this week, started playing guitar at 19 and I'm an awesome player. In the next few years I'm hoping to be playing a few gigs in a band

No dumbass, of course not. So fucking many bands are started by people well into their adulthood. 20 is on the young side by a lot.

Don't be delusional. You can even start a successful band at 30 or 40. It happens more often than the rehashed bio-pics tell us. I can give specific examples if you request it.

You're not going to be able to be made an international teeny-bopper aimed heartthrob, no Biebery in your futureā€¦ because THAT very specific kind of consumer-tested, corporate, synthesized/artificial boy band type pop shit can only start while you're also a minor. There are a million young teen boys who will look like a kid for far far longer, thus the record execs and the company/label that writes the music FOR the star will get more of their money's worth out of them. Feel me?

This shouldn't bother you; so long as it's not billion-dollar wealth, unforgiving fame, and Illuminati membership you're after. Or so long as you want to write your own songs from your own heart.

Just make sure you're not trying to do the teenage rockstar thing as you rise through your 20's. Don't marry your band to that affectation, because you'll be 28 or 29 before you know it, and that's usually cringe in your 30's.

Just act your age and find an appropriate genre, sound, audience, look, aesthetics and schtick and you'll be fine. That goes for people of any age.

If you're a 50y/o white conservative lady from Fargo, I'd encourage you NOT to try to become a trap star (or do, so I can get lulz). If you're a 40 year old rich gay in Manhattan, don't start a Pop Punk or Radio-Country band. If you're a 20-something, don't waste your time on a dad-rock cover band.

But desu there's a caveat: whether you're any of that or a you're a renowned and experienced classically-trained Black 77-y/o lady retired in Japan, you can basically do whatever IF you are seriously mastering an instrument, one of the best, hyper-dedicated, sound damn good, disciplined and know what you're doing.

Attached: e31c1648db02f2c4ef2199e4696a9e7e.jpg (600x600, 42.06K)

>It's easy bro just be from New York in the 70's and make sure you have a Jew in the band

Yeah if you try to start a band after about 18-20, Universal Music Group will have their secret police kidnap you and make Saudi ambassadors hunt you for sport.

Attached: 1614120134821.jpg (542x852, 108.11K)