The Trout Mask Replica kind of sound

I'm looking for albums that have that Trout Mask Replica kind of sound. I guess if I could describe it, I'd say it's very loose rhythmically, often minimalistic in instrumentation (but with a maximalist approach on how to play the instruments themselves) and raw sounding vocals.

Albums I've listened to with this kind of sound are:
Royal Trux's first album (yes, I know Twin Infinitive also has the TMR sound, but I've come to appreciate their self-titled a lot recently)
PJ Harvey's Dry (not as wild as other music in the TMR vein, but it fits the bill)

Attached: e353daccf31887e0a2ca596463bdc43a.jpg (400x400, 24.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

decoherence.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-revel
youtu.be/G0ioNQoAPc8
youtu.be/y-Ubuw6P-uk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm working on an album like that, it'll hopefully be out by November

decoherence.bandcamp.com/album/and-i-revel

i too need beefheart worship

you forgot the really bad sense of humor that makes enjoying the album impossible

I hear you, but I'm talking more about the sound, although it's hard to separate from the beefheart's sense of humor.

Stabscotch debut
Hella church gone wild

I don't think it's quite what you described, but this akways gave me beefian vibes:
youtu.be/G0ioNQoAPc8

These suck. Can't buy soul or tryhard your way to getting it, you either got it or you don't

I agree. At the end of the day, it's actual artistry that separates Beefheart from bozos trying to play like retards

that's a crazy question to ask OP, TMR is one of a kind
i think the only thing to scratch that itch are more beefheart and zappa records

honestly, i think theres good music in there, but i have no patience to try to find it in trout mask

post a song or two you like

moonlight on vermont is the most accessible

Try safe as milk for something with less humor and interludes

youtu.be/y-Ubuw6P-uk
This album reminds me of it a bit. More hip and watered down but I like it

Lick my Decals off, baby, the original Bat Chain Puller.

Closest thing I can think of is Mr Bungle -Disco Volante.

thats dope whens it comin out ?

>really bad sense of humor

bruh it's literally meme music. It's fucking Any Forums humor. You just hate it because it reminds you of us. 10/10 album btw. Would love to coerce a bunch of Nashville musicians to make something like things by telling them that they're recording a normal blues/rockabilly/country album and then secretly get my avant-garde musician friends to overdub it to turn it into an incomprehensible mess.

US maple

try this

Attached: 91-riQehEcL._SL1400_.jpg (1400x1400, 612.76K)

This
Ween's first album
Polvo

twin infinitives