When did you accept that John Mayer was actually a really good guitarist and hating on him was retarded?

When did you accept that John Mayer was actually a really good guitarist and hating on him was retarded?

Attached: johnmayer.jpg (1500x1000, 484.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qEaMgNyfeeQ?t=637
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dunno lol

hes fine at guitar i guess
its cool how he btfo his label too

when i saw a solo he did (uploader of course deleted the video) on youtube and realized "why do people keep making endless clapton comparisons? he's doing a really good duane allman impersonation"

youtu.be/qEaMgNyfeeQ?t=637

was similar to that one just a bit faster

>its cool how he btfo his label too
story?

He's a really great guitarist his music is gay though

i watched some stuff from him and realized that he's exactly as good at guitar as i am. there is nothing he does that I cannot do as well and sometimes better

that's how i feel. good guitarist, bad music

good example of wasted talent.
Great guitar player, great ear, but makes music for cool wine aunts

He has no taste, he went to berklee remember?

like 15 years ago? even then this was not some weird or unpopular opinion

dropped out of berklee when he realized it was a meme

He's a gloryfied session musician, his solo music is laughble outside of his guitar licks

remember how he was the acoustic guitar guy that everyones mom listened to?
in his initial contract, it was agreed on hed do "x" number of acoustic albums
he didnt wanna tho, so he broke contract, made his own label, self-released an electric/blues album, toured on it, and it sold so well the label eventually bought him back for WAY more, and allowing him essentially full creative control

pretty chad move all things considered

John (((mayer))) is the most overrated guitarist since jack black. Cope.

Attached: 1651801878468.jpg (750x750, 51.29K)

But It sets a pattern right? Did he also drop the singer songwritter and awful 2000's country boy aesthetic when he realized it was a meme? Or the neo-soul guitar blues of a few years ago?

the whole point of going to berklee is to drop out
you look at the alumni they always market at you and literally every single one that did anything dropped out
if you graduate it means youre gonna be a uber driver in south boston

or Taylor Larson posting clickbait youtube videos and making shitty "My butt is farting" songs

unironically where should i start with his music?

if you like blues licks, his guitar solos
then just stop
his songs blow

my issue is his voice is bad and as soon as he starts to sing the songs is ruined