This album sucks, and I'm tired of people pretending that it doesn't. I'm not even trolling either...

This album sucks, and I'm tired of people pretending that it doesn't. I'm not even trolling either. It is objectively a bad sounding album.

Attached: wire-chairs-missing-Cover-Art.jpg (600x594, 61.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-2cL_ps3MYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4
youtube.com/watch?v=87hAGYDe4_k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your mom objectively sucked my dick LOL

>objectively
Why?

Chairs Missing is a transition album from the more angular Wire to the more atmospheric Wire.

It is interesting to see that an album that does not abuse its sonic elements reaches such successful results as Practice Makes Perfect, Marooned and Mercy, whose martial and sustained rhythm suggest the band's punk roots but are sprinkled with effective (subtle in some cases) swathes of synths. This is music that represents "less is more" but in a categorical way. You feel like you've processed a lot of sounds, even though the construction of the songs isn't that elaborate. Accessible, but not cloying. It's not new wave. In this way the precision and fine ear of the band is highlighted.
This, of course, responds to the proposal of arty groups of the time, such as Talking Heads, the early Simple Minds, or XTC.

The album is apparently long (15 songs) but the enjoyment and simplicity make listening easy.
Did I say it was a transition record? it is, but it's also an excellent album, basic for understanding art punk and the trend of an era.

It's a standout! Just listen to the compliments they hand out.
You are a dimbulb bud

>OP hates Chairs Missing
That's why you chose this shitty oversaturated pic of cover art to make your thread right?Chairs Missing is my favorite out of the 3, precisely because it has subtle greatness in it, hard to point out unlike in the other two

lmaoooooo fpbp

>That's why you chose this shitty oversaturated pic of cover art to make your thread right?

I am not OP, and I actually love this album... but I am really curious what the hell this has to do with anything?!

wire contributed to the post punk sound but in terms of composition they're pretty overrated like joy division.

>objectively a bad sounding album
I dont think you can sound more retarded trying to criticize an album. Especially when youre just blatantly wrong.

You could not have been more wrong. This is the greatest punk album of all time, and Outdoor Miner is the greatest punk song of all time.

Attached: motivatorb3b29c1d6f54411821196ad53ef587b1bc27ef6d.jpg (750x600, 82.24K)

>OP sucks, and I'm tired of people pretending that he doesn't. I'm not even trolling either. It is objectively a bad opinion.

Attached: Bad thread.jpg (400x300, 36.92K)

I can never hate an album that ends in a proto shoegaze freak out

I mean, there are many pictures of that cover art out there that just shot better yet he chose that one, probably because he hates the album this much

Attached: Wire-Chairs_Missing_(album_cover).jpg (300x300, 112.62K)

French Film Blurred is my favorite track. Great haunting atmosphere to it, in my limited listening to Wire I've found a few songs like that which I like about them. Also really like Sand in My Joints, straight forward hollering pop punk.
Wire is a great band, can't wait to listen to the rest of their shit. Randomly listened to their 2020 album and it was great.

It's really not, and if you think so, you're just letting me know you haven't listened to too much music in your life, now fuck off
Good analysis user
Wire were a bunch of dudes who didn't know how to play their instruments and yet they wrote genius songs with genius melodies and genius lyrics, Wire might be one of the few Post-punk bands with enough Pop sensibilities to create such beautiful songs as Mannequin, Fragile, Used to, Mercy, Map ref or Blessed state, a generic Post-punk band with great musicians playing funky rhythms, slap bass and motorik hi-hat grooves like 95% of the bands we consider Post-punk nowadays could never write something as earnest and beautiful as Map ref, I also think your claims about JD are bullshit too, JD lost all kind of song writing charm when they became a generic dark punk band, see Closer, proto 4AD core, in Unknown pleasures there are a lot of great songs with great songwriting like Disorder or Shadowplay, both bands had these "bass plays the melody and guitar plays the sordid root chords and drummer is a drum machine" dynamics and it worked perfectly for them

Chairs Missing is the one I go back to whenever I feel like listening to these guys. Still think it's crazy that a song like Former Airline came from this era.

Eat shit, OP

youtu.be/-2cL_ps3MYQ

what i like the most about jd is that unique sound, a blueprint for a lot of groups.

For sure, and even if it looks like I was shitting on their Closer era I'm just talking about conventional songwriting here, Closer was very innovative when it came out and if I consider it generic dark punk nowadays it's because it was like you said, the blueprint for a lot of 80's groups

It's odd because I always considered UP as the generic dark punk album whereas closer had all these unconventional synth parts and riffs that set it apart from the usual dark punk album. i.e. compare the first songs of both albums
youtube.com/watch?v=fhCLalLXHP4
youtube.com/watch?v=87hAGYDe4_k
and Closer feels a lot more unique whereas UP sounds similar to groups like bauhaus or early cure for example.