Dude what I'd we hired the absolute best session musicians to perform our songs with total precision and technical...

>dude what I'd we hired the absolute best session musicians to perform our songs with total precision and technical mastery
>the vocals? lol yeah I'll just do those myself even though I can't sing for shit
What the fuck were they thinking?

Attached: steely-dan-essential-songs-2017-listen-23e00365-05ec-4359-ab0a-f89c092213bc.jpg (900x600, 279.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6otDlpN1Cwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You VILL listen to Steely Dan
You VILL put it on your topster chart

Donald Fagen's voice fits the 'Dan perfectly

Yeah, in that it fucking sucks LOL!

I'm surrounded by plebs

It adds character.

youtube.com/watch?v=6otDlpN1Cwg
>I cried when I wrote this song
This line has a completely different meaning when someone like Donald Fagen sings it compared to someone like Whitney Houston.

Attached: y8uewhhewyp51.jpg (1317x1242, 83.97K)

They did hire a professional singer for Can't Buy A Thrill until they eventually just realized this

this, someone would else would take their songs too seriously while hes able to deliver them with tongue-in-cheek

i thought the label forced that on them. he was pretty good on dirty work though

Dirty Work barely sounds like the rest of Steely Dan. Its more straightforward rock/AM pop than the majority of their discog, even compared to the rest of Cant Buy a Thrill which still has a lot of jazzy elements

He certainly delivers them dick-in-mouth.

thats part of the appeal. fagen's voice and lyrics help add the sleazy snarky element to it

Who gives a fuck faggot, isn't the end game the ultimate enjoyment for the listeners?
>being so autistic that he cares about the unnecessary details of what makes an album(s) great rather than appreciating that such great works are made
I bet cocksucking OP don't have redacted too or wcd or the old oink or never knew the (failed) mutracker existed.

They had another singer for love gigs because Donald Fagen was too shy to sing. If look for the video for Do It Again it's this ginger big haired guy with Fagen's voice dubbed over. If you find the original show where he sings, it is unlistenable.

*live gigs

his nasally voice isn't a perfect one, but it has a lot of charm and fits the music well. david palmer did some singing for them very early on because the record execs demanded it - he sings dirty work and brooklyn (owes the charmer under me). he has a wonderful voice, but I think the demo version of brooklyn with fagen's vocals is great too.

Zoomers worshipping soulless bands where session musicians play everything is kismet

Name one song where this is true

I, for one, like Donald Fagen's singing.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!