youtube.com/watch?v=GjRQUHyTr7U
youtube.com/watch?v=LtsG5eAZj0c
voca.ro/16coxmVMWZHc
vocaroo.com/17BZiO85YzRK
voca.ro/13X4yCd6LSjy
veed.io/view/dfbcbe81-9efc-44e7-8963-95d293d42156
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wastin/gg/ your lives

Attached: 1600813256845.gif (300x300, 239.99K)

Its not a place

i am /gg/mi

wa/gg/mi

This country is to me a sound

Rickenbacker knock off bass kit.

Wah wahh

chika wah wah

bros
i found it
the holy grail
shop.rjmmusic.com/effect-gizmo-audio-loop-switcher/
combine this with a master sync computer that just sends midi files from a set list with click/drums
and a midi foot controller like the voodoo labs ground control
and the universe is yours
the price is right too

Attached: 1644939418302.jpg (1280x960, 234.05K)

>his guitar mixer doesn't even have a locking USB cable

yeah i'm gonna pass bro

Attached: pathetic.jpg (1256x808, 139.95K)

he's...
he's right....
there's nothing left to do now but...

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135.92K)

don't you have a floor to be sweeping, cockbreaker? or did your mom stop driving you to the dealership to do your janitorial job?

Attached: 1632348957728.jpg (722x281, 37.28K)

>he's using quarter inch phone jacks for his guitar FX

lmao i thought we all agreed that DSUB connections were the way to go?

Attached: loljustlol.png (1017x517, 1.04M)

having a job to be able to buy new strymon pedals whenever i want is bad now? LOLE

dude i'm gonna be real with you dog

that level of guitar pedal control was outdated in 2002

it's 2022, get with the times.

Attached: its2022.png (1291x769, 568.49K)

desu this is the real heartbreaker right now and since i've already bought the strymon pedals, i think i'm just going to buy them all again now. so i have the timeline, big sky, and mobius, i'm just going to order a second big sky, a second timeline, a second mobius. i can't think of anything better to buy so might as well just keep buying the same strymen over and over.

>lookin at used american tele
>locking tuners
is this a big red flag? why would a string-thru tele need locking tuners?

also whats the verdict on Godin electric guitars?

Attached: 2145863.jpg (252x252, 8.05K)

>used
>godin

Attached: hiltonnn.jpg (506x453, 26.83K)

paris hilton is the prettiest woman i've ever seen

Godin Session looks cool

let me guess. you'd rather have a 'pedal board' for your Guitar Effect Unit Modules (colloquially known as 'stomp boxes'), not because you're too poor for a real effect mixer, but because it's better.

hmmmmmk

Attached: letmeguess.png (3224x1800, 539.36K)

I want to try this one so bad.

Attached: GodinUptownTArmond.jpg (1200x1200, 257.43K)

looks like shit

but bro.. it's all the brazilians can afford lmfao

Attached: L2F-Mar-16-Brazil-Rio-Rocinha-favela-street.jpg (973x730, 129.11K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DEPHHc8GtbE

>huemonkeys can now afford >$1k guitars
nice to hear, Bolsonaro must be doing a good job

>why would a string-thru tele need locking tuners?
locking tuners don't improve stability with floating trems - that's a myth. the only advantage is faster string changes. so whoever had that guitar was a lazy cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=GjRQUHyTr7U

Some of Buckethead's less showy Pikes are great to jam too. That and the fact that he tunes to Eflat is great.

Using a Kramer SM-1 thru a Yamaha THR 30.

Godin makes great guitars.
Godin sources their wood and makes the guitars in North America. They're not chinkplank trash.

>muh canadian uncanny valley poverty box
i'd rather have chinkshit lmao

what's a good place to start learning to play?

Yes you would and do

If it was up your ass you'd know

Maybe some basic chords first from any YT instructors

Only a Gibson is good enough. I realized this too late after spending thousands on other gear

Nah I own a good guitar, not a Godin.

Dammmmn w2c?

pickup a decent guitar first off. The Mexican made Fender or The Gibson re-issued Kramers are great for the price. Pickup Fretboard Logic, a couple song books, even the links in the OP, and dedicate some time learning the scales, keys, leading patterns, chords, etc. Once you get comfortable with that then I'd recommend checking out Troy Grady's youtube channel as he goes very in depth with all the techniques of playing (even down to the different sounds plectrums produce).

>even the links in the OP

Attached: eliki.jpg (190x205, 9.29K)

super strats> telecasters

whats a real guitar? fender and gibson? these brands are dogshit now.

superstrats = / telecasters - strats + strats ^ 2 (*0)+1) where tele = 2/ strat = 1

You know why dumb frogposter

>whats a real guitar? fender and gibson? these brands are dogshit now.

Attached: An-empty-wallet.jpg (1024x768, 123.61K)

you could buy like 5 or so chinese guitars for a gibson, imagine how much more layered and thick your music would be

lmao

Don’t you all get tired of it? Every thread is the same old shit.

Attached: Tumblr_lha3he6LvS1qhzsyio1_1280.jpg (1024x768, 121.09K)

looks like shit

Revstar > Les Paul

Thanks

The only action you'll ever see

i never /gg/et tired of anythin/gg/

Attached: 1643732240414.jpg (464x463, 27.23K)

Not a problem. Good luck man, guitar is a great way to kill time and even become a passion if you dedicate yourself to it.

Personally, I opted for the SM-1 Kramer (great neck, medium jumbo frets, neck-thru, JB and Cool Rail pups sound awesome in Mahogany) and it's just a bit over a grand.

Attached: 278644121_679710929983604_3760824670603589741_n.jpg (1147x2048, 298.48K)

What's your opinion on music man guitars around 400 range?

While I haven't played Music Man in particular I think I could comfortably assume they are between playable and decent.

Might have some issues with fret heights, poor pickups and wiring, neck warp.

400 is really pushing it. I'd try to stick in the 700-900 range for a budget guitar that can be made to play well.

Is this number 1?

youtube.com/watch?v=LtsG5eAZj0c

I see. My absolute fave to get would be a 700 something strat. Thanks for your input.

Nebula bass

Attached: 20210922_183054.jpg (2448x3264, 1.23M)

sam

sam

if you're talking about those sterling CT series the necks are surprisingly chunky and wide like my mom's ass so try one before you decide

>23 posters

Attached: 1595861427278.png (515x821, 59.03K)

Attached: 1626006380122.jpg (500x486, 40.32K)

>i put up a sam OP w/ broken shitpost links
>i can sam post as much as i want and there's nothing xir can do to stop it
>xir only option is cleanin/gg/ up behind my wet anus for free as i /gg/leefully shit all over everythin/gg/ in si/gg/ht with impunity
observe it
smell it
taste it
experience it
>mfw

Attached: 1599143010593.jpg (800x620, 59.93K)

string just snapped on me while i was tuning the guitar for the second time ever

Attached: 4fc3xy.png (1080x890, 863.65K)

Bros I'm so upset. My gf left me for the lead singer in her band after I got cought wearing his clothes pretending I'm him.

cum snap deez nutz n yah mouf next BEE-OYCH

Attached: young-male-grabbing-crotch-5002794.jpg (957x1300, 97.88K)

I think I've had the same strings on for a year.

Who gives a fuck

Last time I had my guitar professionally set up was 5 years ago

You hate to see it

That tends to happen with the strings that come with the guitar

@110467309
(You)

Hello I'm here from Geffen records. I haven't seen hearing of an undiscovered guitarist named Samuel Campos. Does anybody know how we can contact him for potential record deal?

looks comfy wish i was brazilian

Which shithole do you live in?

they were from a new pack i had just gotten. I'm a complete noob a this, maybe i was turning it too fast

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59.37K)

germany

I'm using a JCM900 as backline tomorrow, any tips on how to use it for chord playing?

what the fuck is this thread

Look

just use your teeth

anons how do you feel about neck shapes? does vintage c really differ that much from modern c?

also why is this general so shit.

i like fat necks and fat thighs

I don't know about any of that I just know I like something in between an Ibanez neck and a Fender neck.

you probably put them under too much tension desu
I assume it was the small e string that snapped

i owned and still own almost exclusively fenders, and now im looking at a mustang, but the only one that i like has a vintage c and i don't know what that's supposed to feel like.

>I assume it was the small e string that snapped
it was

I was following the app Guitartuna's instruction. I almost got it to the spot it told me, then the string snapped

If it was up your ass you'd know

Is it finally safe to discuss Samuel Campos yet?

>24 posters
Fucking hell

OH N-

Attached: 1597019478115.png (714x463, 280.04K)

That's it. Beautiful

look a/gg/ain

Attached: 1427820103132.png (1024x1113, 213.6K)

I come to /gg/ very, very little, but I noticed today after helping an user out with picking a guitar and posting a video that I am one of the few who actually does this while a couple autistic anons spam "sam?" or some other dumbshit pepe's, talking about poorfags not affording gibson, and generally contributing nothing to the thread. Is this /gg/ now? It never seemed that bad when I use to come here?

Nice wall of text.

>fag tears
lmao

Attached: 1652321052414.jpg (1004x207, 62.51K)

Attached: 1652320982380.jpg (1007x368, 135.45K)

Attached: 1652320869294.jpg (1007x296, 83.06K)

Attached: 1652321113633.jpg (934x132, 27.13K)

Attached: 1652321175411.jpg (997x153, 41.26K)

Oh I see. Thanks for clearing up my slight confusion user.

This thread is genuinely the most toxic guitar discuss forum on the entire internet. /gg/ is an absolute cesspool
That being said, good posters always reply if you're patient. You'll get 5 replies of absolute spam telling you you're wasting your time or "who cares" but eventually someone who knows what they're talking about will reply
I filter "Sam" and a couple other keywords that helps cut back on the spam a lot
But yeah, go to Ultimate Guitar or Reddit if you want actually guitar help and discussion
I have been playing so long and I have a real job so I can buy whatever gear I want so I'm mostly just here for the memes. Don't take anything anyone here says seriously

no problem, cockbreaker :)

Attached: 1632090357582.jpg (1006x158, 31.04K)

Thanks man, will do.

I used to come here ten years ago and they were shit posting about Sam and some Roman guy and 10 years later nothing has changed

>but eventually someone who knows what they're talking about will reply
>Don't take anything anyone here says seriously
so which one is it, schizo? holy shit lmfao

Attached: 1638752500861.png (756x656, 312.93K)

Put your trip back on so I can filter your posts, cockbreaker. You have nothing of value to post and I don't need to read anything you have to say.

i'm in a rut bros i need some new inspiration

try some ligma

it's the SCG (schizo containment general) for Any Forums. No they don't really talk about guitar

I'm addicted to guzzling hot loads

elaborate

Attached: Yowr1Iu.gif (460x351, 307.88K)

did you mean Sigma?

Attached: Sigma.png (600x1512, 817.85K)

I like to eat Magnus cat food and guzzle loads while pretending I'm an American.

>OMG IS THAT A HECKIN' SIGMA DARK SOUR CRAFT BEER BIG CHUNGUS?!? *HOLDS UP SPORK* SHOP SHOP SHOP BUY BUY BUY COMFY COMFY COMFY MY GUY

Attached: 1603378335788.png (600x800, 29.03K)

Bros how should I comfort a girl who’s lost a loved one?

try some sugma

I’m American and like to pretend I’m poor to feed the troll.

>pretend

Attached: 1645820167247.gif (260x284, 1.55M)

>too poor to afford quality craft beverages

Attached: 1622797556554.jpg (570x372, 22.86K)

You hate to see it

>"...no, Mr. Gee!"
>"I expect you to die!"

Attached: badass gee gee villain.jpg (813x700, 82.42K)

Got his ass kek

what's a good cab for less than $500 for a cheapo hdfx solid state amp and an epi les paul with black winter pickups, my local music store is full of scam shit

Blues Junior

Good suggestion!

thank you

Samuel Campos

Yes?

you can get a slightly used fine mesa/boogie brand product for that price range my good man

Would I regret not getting a Les Paul instead of an SG?
I have the money for either and I'm kind of torn

theyre pretty similar instruments all things considered really you just gotta decide whether you like the ergonomics of the singlecut or doublecut better and which control layout you like better

holy shit i switched to a flexi pick from .88 - 1 mm and I feel like I can play 10x better jesus christ

Depends on the model.

Fully decked out SG > Cheap Faded Les Paul
Fully decked out Les Paul > Fully decked out SG

Cheap Gibsons feel like trash, you'll never really feel like you truly own a Gibson until you buy at least a Standard. That's no cap .

Yeah I absolutely cannot play anything thinner than 1.14mm
Also cannot play anything that isn't a max grip either

>Cheap Gibsons feel like trash, you'll never really feel like you truly own a Gibson until you buy at least a Standard
It would be a Standard, probably the 60s model
Sounds like Gibson got better since the new CEO took over. Fixed QC and lowered prices. Now is the best time to get a Gibson so I'm trying to make up my mind

sg is the better choice

Yeah I would get the Les Paul then, SGs have some quirks that are a bit more annoying than a Les Paul. Like the neck on SGs flexing because of how the neck is set in the body. Both are good choices though, once you reach the standard level you can't go wrong.

erine ball string packets are a good substitute for joint paper

Attached: IMG_0974.jpg (3024x4032, 3.1M)

You can safely ignore this post he wants you to waste your money

Should I change the pickup covers on these p90s to silver

Attached: 6210192D-3D70-43D0-BA04-43704E9B6631.jpg (619x495, 19.08K)

Thanks fren your post helped me sooooo much

Attached: gger.png (1098x611, 538.58K)

kek

voca.ro/16coxmVMWZHc

Attached: dingaling gunks up his beautiful shirt.png (628x992, 461.39K)

Ok S@muel. This is almost as good as your Pearl Jam Black covers.

>S@muel
take it back

Attached: 1382942274168.jpg (400x400, 80.91K)

does guitar even matter? is it all just in the amp or mixing like people on youtube say? is there anything to be gained by buying an expensive les paul or American Fender or whatever over some chinese strat copy other than larping as a past musician or raising resale value? are expensive guitar brands just premiums for the brand name + marketing at this point- or is that a redditbrained argument?

I mean the quality definitely affects its playability and longevity.

Like anything there are diminishing returns when it comes to the price

Bros is it okay to watch guitar cover videos? Even if i figure out the notes for some reason i still can't deliver the more difficult ones properly so i sometimes watch them as a cheatsheet but after that i always feel cheap foo having to look at videos instead of figuring out everything on your own....

You get good spending the time and ear training. If what I want to play is on Songster or guitar pro, I don't really see any other reason to brute force learning it.

Purists of all communities are annoying. If the cover videos help you figure it out the new patterns/styles added to your repertoire will make it easier to learn the next one without watching a cover

You guys familiar with treble boosters at all? Thinking about picking up picrel to brighten up my Orange amp
vocaroo.com/17BZiO85YzRK

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Sure learning by ear will make you a better musician in the long run but the end result is the same. If you just want to learn the damn song, by all means, use all the tools that are available to you

Attached: napaviper.jpg (1080x1075, 119.19K)

As long as there are no major structural defects, and it's not made of plywood, the setup and pickups largely determine how well the guitar plays and sounds. Fret work is one of the most important parts which can be shit on even high end guitars.

I guess i'll try to familiarize myself with the song first by figuring out what chords and notes they use then watch the covers if i hit a wall, cheers bros.

damn, Necrophagist riffs are meandering as hell

Catchy bits all over the place but broken up with tiny licks and riff ends in different time sigs for like one or two seconds, hard to commit to memory

>vocaroo.com/17BZiO85YzRK
nice, something by Opeth right?

and idk never tried a pedal specifically for boosting treble, I always got what I needed from the amp presence knob and the tone control on OD pedals.
Try before you buy if you can

i tried learning before and my guitars bridge broke due to a combination of heat and string tension i guess. whats a good and sorta cheap acoustic to get that won't break easily?

Yeah its Heir Apparent. I do love the tone of the amp as it is, its incredibly responsive to dynamics and the overdriven tube distortion is just incredible. I just think a little boost on the top end would help balance out the darkness of the amp overall and give it a little more grit for the more metal stuff. Treble boosters like the Dallas Rangemaster were more popular back in the 60-80s, but some boutique companies have been building them again as of late.

Attached: orange.jpg (994x554, 72.49K)

Yamaha with a solid top. But acoustics have to be taken care of if you live in climates with large humidity or temperature strings, or any of them can break.

Oooh my Dark Terror is so dark and heavy but I hit the high end hard with a boutique EQD screamer and JSH Boost. Sometimes I a/b my stage setup with an AC 50 that I make darker with my triangle big muff. I'm constantly getting compliments on my tone and free mixed drinks from the bar.

Yeah go for it, would have a more “classic” aesthetic imo

Yeah Yamahas build quality on their cheap instruments is strangely good. I bought a Yamaha F335 for $150 15 years ago and it's still playing fine. Hopefully thats still the case with the new ones

No

My man

Attached: guitaribanez1.jpg (637x850, 252.4K)

Heritage guitars?

Found a used one for about half off.

They’re incredible guitars

They're supposedly incredible guitars, what Gibson should have been if they gave a shit
But they're unplayable to me because they have the ugliest headstock known to man. I cannot take a Heritage guitar seriously with that headstock

voca.ro/13X4yCd6LSjy

pantera if he djent \m/

Attached: Dimestore Darnell.jpg (2224x1682, 624.51K)

You want the tuning peg "holes" to be perpindicular to the neck so that when you put the end of the string through it basically makes a 90 degree angle. With your left hand put your fingers together like you're doing a karate chop and put them underneath the string you're changing. You now have 4 'finger spaces' worth of relief on the string. with your right hand crimp the string towards you. Now hold that crimp in place and remove your left hand. Start turning the tuning pegs in the correct direction. Once you get a couple of good turns in and you start to see tension, just flick the string so it kind of makes a note sound. It'll be 'loose tight'.

Do this will all the strings and then attach your tuner and tune up. Literally every string will be well below the correct note and once you hit the right note you know it is right, and you will never snap a string again.

Meant for

Where'd my Jazzmaster post go?

Attached: 1609053693807.png (921x901, 145.52K)

What RG is the red one?

Kramer Beretta Special for $179 sounds and plays better than Ibanez.

Attached: 750-KPBSBKCT_front.jpg (252x750, 21.06K)

RG550 Genesis re-issue.

fucking based diaperchad, listen to my 14 second video, I shill it all the time, I'm like campos!
veed.io/view/dfbcbe81-9efc-44e7-8963-95d293d42156

Attached: EXCUSE ME EVERYBODY.png (576x540, 17.3K)

my pentatonic doodlings make women spontaneously orgasm. what do you got kid?

Attached: CBYh42fUwAA6Dbr.jpg (575x1024, 44.61K)

Why don't you have a seat over there?

Yeah well fat sweaty gearheads tell me I'm a guitar god at bar shows, can't beat that

i bet that pic gets you a lot of attention on grindr

you can't prove it. I was just doing research.
Respect. Get that bussy if you can't get a hussy.

why don't you say that to my face while I MELT YOURS off?!?!?l ooh yeah, listen to this....wOOOOOOaaaaaaAaa diiiiidle TWaNG briiizzzzzz SQUEAL
die
va bomb..... See ya chump

Attached: 51748c1b6cacfcff9423584ee8e9e63f.jpg (235x294, 22.93K)

when do the brazilians wake back up to provide lulz, you redditors are just sad/lonely to the point of it being unfunny/pathetic at this point

Attached: gee gees bed time.jpg (299x169, 7.17K)

Imagine a gg poster complaining about other's contributions here, lol this thread is rotting sewage daily you idiot.

Attached: 6e3a729772aefb8ca908093c7989dc02-700.jpg (932x700, 76.21K)

Thanks, Anons.
It sold. Saw it last night on a website, so don't know how long it was there. An H535 for $1800 seemed like a good deal.

>redditors
*failed redditors. there's a difference believe it of not
this. pic related

Attached: 1651348730844.jpg (525x809, 130.97K)

Is it really worth splurging on a decent amp if you're only going to use it with headphones if you're a poorfag with a $200 budget? Like would a used Boss Katana be a substantial improvement over some pawn shop Line 6 or whatever?

I changed string gauge on my guitar and now it buzzes. I've watched a video where they explained that sometimes buzz is okay and that it's not really buzz. But I think it's actually buzzing also in the amplified sound.
I am however afraid of messing with the setup and making it even worse. Would switching back to the original (assumed) gauge fix it? I just went from 9s to 10s.

No, you fucked up, best to sell it and get a new guitar.

might as well pirate an amp sim software

get a decent modeling amp. I've recorded with a Fender G-DEC and a Vox modelling amp, and gotten compliments on my sound. They're literally little kids amps. You don't need an expensive amp.

>my mom said i was handsome!
kek

I would fix this for you for free if I knew you. It's a literal 30 second adjustment, and the buzz goes away. 99% chance your guitar just needs a few tweaks in order to play with 10s. It's not broke dw.

I loled

Also, fuck 10s. Fuck 11, 12 and 13 too. That shit is a meme.

Would you adjust it with the truss rod or each string height at the bridge separately? The guides I've seen say at the bridge, but I am afraid that it will fuck up the intonation and then I'm even more fucked.

I have always used 9s, but I thought that 10s were "standard" and that I'm a pussy for using 9s. I have delicate fingers. So I decided to try and become normal.

>mfw using .12s in standard

Attached: 1402441579353.jpg (617x434, 93.79K)

sam

You probably shouldn't fuck with the truss right now if you're new. They're fickle and I've broken a few on guitars. The fret buzz problem is either at the nut (most likely) or the bridge. A lot of cheaply made guitars and even $4k Les Paul's come with shitty nuts where the slots aren't filed correctly. If your nut has shallow slots, the strings aren't being held properly, and you'll get buzz. This job requires a file however. Start with the bridge, see if you can raise the strings a little, and if buzz continues it's probably the nut.

a lot of players are moving to 8s now, because they get more dynamics and definition, easy as fuck to play. It depends on what sound you're after. I have 10s on my Les Pauls for a darker sound, and 9s on my shredder guitars like Ibanez. If you're newish, string gauge doesn't matter whatsoever, as long as you can play without buzz, and want to pick up the instrument. I'd say you should move back to 9s since that's what you're guitar was designed to use.

but seriously though /gg/, we need to discuss the sam situation

Attached: bonus situation.png (503x676, 295.26K)

It's over Sam sister

Attached: 1652403403654~2.jpg (479x641, 61.76K)

he breathed in cooking gas

Attached: 1645004998274.jpg (260x193, 11.12K)

Reminder: do your fucking pentatonics boys.

Attached: 2022-05-13-03-15-22-541.jpg (876x1600, 536.52K)

I hav tens on my Eb strat, d standard strat and E standard les Paul. I’d only use 11s if I was doing some b tuning shit. It kills me reading peopl online saying they need these fuck huge strings for lower tunings. It’s stupid