Any TOOL fans out there think fear inoculum kinda sucked?

So, tool fan here. And I got to ask, anyone else who likes tool here, did anyone else here think fear inoculum kinda sucked as an album?

I'm in my early 20's and started listening when I was 16, so I'm like a baby tool fan. But this is the album that took almost a decade and a half to make? I mean, descending and Invincible we're cool, but the rest is just kinda mediocre. 7empest is like, critically acclaimed but it's like the worst part of the whole album?

The weird part is that like, no one talks about the tracks on there.. All the other baby fans still talk about 10,000 days or Lateralus while the bombers like Ænima or undertow. So, does anyone actually like fear inoculum?

Am I just an outlier? Is there something about the album I'm just not getting? I have never once heard anyone say "Wow, that slow-ass song Pneuma is my favorite tool song!" But when I bring it up around people that hey, fear inoculum was kind of lame, we just move on. Is it because they think I'm retarded or because we just don't talk about it?

Attached: cwr5ipjreqn21.jpg (1080x1068, 106.43K)

opiate - 5/10
undertow - 7/10
aenima - 10/10
lateralus - 6/10
salival - 7.5/10
10,000 days - 10/10
fear inoculum - 8/10

I think fear inoculum would have been a lot better received if it was released only a couple years after over 9000 days
also it's too long, only about 40% of it is good
but it's about as good as expected knowing that lateralus was the peak

it was good, i wouldn't say it was as impactful as lateralus or 10,000 days for a bunch of reasons
rock isn't "in" and collaboration wasn't too involved

That's like the major thing for me! All the songs just go on and on. I like descending, but I would love it if it was like 8 minutes shorter!

>Any TOOL fans out there think fear inoculum kinda sucked?
It sucked.
>But this is the album that took almost a decade and a half to make?
More like they just put off making it for most of that time.

Tool is mostly fedoracore. 10,000 Days is pretty based in the way it basically repents for making Judith on APC's debut though

Don't care about FI

Their worst one. 7.5/10

Attached: Screenshot_20220302-035606_Spotify.jpg (912x898, 113.4K)

Undertow
Ænima
Lateralus
Opiate
Salival
10,000 Days
Fear Inoculum

Im not saying this album is the worst btw

Fear Inoculum had two good songs (Invincible and Tempest) and the rest of the album was 100% garbage, with the exception of Danny's drum solo. So yeah, still about 25 minutes of good music, shame the rest of the album is so boring.

lol it has a track called fucking "invincible"
I had forgotten about that

Woah how dare they

I only liked maybe 4 or 5 songs off the album, other than those few songs it was kinda ass.

Lucid Planet II was better

They have a song called "Hooker with a Penis" and "Push shit" lol

Pneuma really grew on me
i like it a lot now even though i thought it was kinda shit at first

>repents for making Judith on APC's debut
explain?

>Tool adds their music to streaming services including bar/restaurant jukeboxes
>price of songs over 7 minutes doubles
I blame Tool for this entirely. I don't even dislike Maynard that much, Adam has just gotten away with being a dogshit songwriter/guitarist for way too long.

my favorite FI tracks are 7empest, Chocolate Chip Trip, the title track, and Culling Voices strangely enough.
All of them are good except for Descending, and Legion Inoculant if you count those.
this, but aenima is a 7.5 (and maybe fear inoculum is more like a 9 or 8.5)

Complete dogshit. Every song just sounds like a variation of Jambi and makes me wanna listen to that album instead cause at least it has some different styles on it.