Why does it feel like people here actually know a lot of people yet they are trying to hide their power level and are...

Why does it feel like people here actually know a lot of people yet they are trying to hide their power level and are pretending to be normies with bad taste?

Attached: frog.jpg (976x850, 97.13K)

*know a lot of music
sorry typo

How do you mean

No this place is actually filled with normies. 4chans popularity spike with zoomers in the last couple of years has been a disaster for this board. Music is the most accessible/normie interest so the actual change in quality of the board is apparent. You’ll see normie posts on Any Forums but that board is more active and much more filled with autists so it remains a decent board.

this is an unnecessary reach, the bad taste is probably genuine

Like you can find the tastes of the posters here pretty easily through things like rym, last.fm, or just checking the archives, and whenever I find an album that I think it's obscure, most of the people here have already listened to and talked about it.

there’s always patricians lurking behind every corner who have listened to 10k+ records

Most posters on this board don't need to pretend

those obscure bands/records have their share of anons that are really into them and will come out of the woodwork with gusto when they notice a thread come up

It's actually the opposite where I see these anons that know what I listen to but then they ignore my posts/charts and recommend things to other anons instead.

get good

It's hard when you are stuck in like the midwit zone where all the patricians have moved on from on and the newer posters don't recognise your albums.

>I only like bands nobody has heard of

careful you will get so swept up in your contrarianism you will end up a trannie.

I want to post here to increase my ability to discuss and enjoy music with others, however most of the music posted here is unknown to me

I said that people have heard these albums though. Are you just trying to argue?

>tfw able to enjoy avant-garden and experimental music AND normie pop music.

I listen to Whitehouse and Lana Del Rey. Sometimes at the same time

Attached: E9EE38CF-B817-4388-A180-F8817F8B37EF.gif (220x369, 707.5K)

>going from Stockhausen to ABBA just because I can
Good music is good music

i'll fuck a trannie long before i enjoy any KPOP

even though people put on a gatekeepy front on here a lot of users would actually give you recs if you're just upfront about not knowing a lot of music. alternatively, you could reverse image search the albums posted and listen. i'd recommend picking and focusing on one genre you like before trying to become a jack-of-all-trades, at least that's what i did when i was getting into music

as do all of us with functioning ears.
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I was born a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to music. Now I'm having a hard time connecting to people over music IRL. I've started to counter this by listening to full albums instead of songs, which helps to some extent, but is a far cry from being a well-rounded jukebox when requested. Any tips?

Making a playlist is an art and an art worth your learning

>Sometimes at the same time
Now that's based. Mixing songs to hear new possibilities is patrician