Testament...

>testament, Anthrax and overkill went pantera metallica and megadeth went mom and pop top 40 commercial rock we stayed consistent and kept it Slayer

Attached: download.jpeg-15.jpg (299x168, 4.55K)

Untrue but hater gonna hatteee my nigga xD thread ruined fag

Didn't they make a nu metal album or something?

>we stayed consistent and kept it Slayer
consistently shit since 1994, that's for sure

Endgame and Dystopia >>>>> anything post SoH

divine intervention is better than seasons, too bad they didn't quit after that punk covers album tho.

Gayer are clowns

Attached: 1648467345096.png (1080x775, 1.07M)

divine intervention is good but the production is fucking HORRENDOUS. the guitars sound like they were recorded, then that recording was played through an old cassette player that was placed underwater, and that's what ended up on the album

no lombardo, no slayer.

honestly, i prefer the production to seasons, plus i'll take better songs over better production anyday.

main point though, for me anyway, is that I find Slayer's 80s output immaculate (including the haunting the chapel ep), especially compared to the rest of the big four. even if they sucked afterwards the output they had then eclipses any amount of 6/10 albums megadeth or metallica or whoever has put out since.

wrong. Slayer became shit because King and Hanneman are shit songwriters.
later Slayer albums are like an SNL parody of early Slayer, except they are actually made by Slayer themselves.

it's a shame Hanneman died first, he was the best riff-writer of the two.

>honestly, i prefer the production to seasons, plus i'll take better songs over better production anyday.
To each his own, I think Seasons is better in pretty much every aspect.

>I find Slayer's 80s output immaculate (including the haunting the chapel ep), especially compared to the rest of the big four.
I'd really be interested in watching you try to explain how Slayer's 80s run is immaculate but Megadeth and Metallica's aren't.

your last statement isn't even worth debating because of how personal it is.

Slayer did stay consistent. Consistent at making shit albums

>we stayed consistent and kept it Slayer
*ahem*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (797x720, 103.53K)

then why are you trying to debate it? lol

When I say immaculate, I just mean that from Show No Mercy to South of Heaven, Slayer put out four albums and an EP of outstanding quality. I find each of them both unique as well as strikingly consistent. Slayer only had one instance of filler, that being on Show No Mercy with the opener and the cover on South of Heaven. Haunting the Chapel, Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood are masterpieces, through and through.

Metallica's debut is ok, it has some filler on there I don't care for like motor breath and jump in the fire. Anesthesia was fucking awesome when I was younger and just starting out on bass, but now it's just sort of there, needless. The good stuff like No Remorse and Four Horseman are really fucking good, but the album drags a lot. Ride and the Lightning and Master of Puppets are classics for a reason, but they have sort just been worn down for me i.e. listening to them so damn often. They also haven't been able to escape the filler tracks like Escape and Thing that Should Not Be. And justice for all while being their heaviest I think also suffers a lot from filler like eye of the beholder, frayed ends of sanity, and even shortest straw is pretty mediocre. The instrumental on that one also falls quite far from the tree of Ktulu and Orion.

As for Megadeth, I mean, Peace Sells is a masterpiece disregarding the cover. Their debut is good but also suffers from a shitty cover, chosen ones, and an opener I never felt that compelling (give me the demo from them any day, but i'm only counting major releases or EPs). So far so good is also kind of underrated imo but it also has the worst cover they ever did, as well as filler like 502 and Mary Jane just sort of being pretty meh.

I don't see how that can possibly amount of being "immaculate" like Slayer, but like you said, it's personal.

>later Slayer albums are like an SNL parody of early Slayer, except they are actually made by Slayer themselves.

GODS A BASAAAAAARD
JESUS CHRIST WAS A HYPOCRITE
YOU CAN'T PULL ME INTO IT
NO MASTURBATION
NO FELLATION
JUST ME AND MY UNGOD STATE OF MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

they peaked at Show no Mercy

Dubs of truth

Attached: ec3fdd84dda6dbb8cd3b0ee4d8dd8c28.jpg (736x736, 118.75K)

>once metalcore started getting exposure all those 80s sellout bands realised thrash is cool again so thats when you start seeing megadeth kreator anthrax testament overkill start recording heavier albums and Metallica's attempt to come back with death magnetic. For slayer it was never a fad we live and breathe this extreme style of music your either in or you ain't y'know?

Attached: images.jpeg-12.jpg (1080x1440, 222.85K)

Give their Grammy award winning album Christ Illusion another listen I dare you
There's a reason it won a Grammy
After the punk covers album is when they started getting good again though

ok you're retarded nevermind

Sup bro

Attached: kerrykorporateking.jpg (720x960, 147.12K)