This is the best black metal album ever produced

This is the best black metal album ever produced

Attached: The_Tenth_Sub_Level_of_Suicide_Cover.jpg (316x316, 17.42K)

Was just listening to this, OP. It clicked the other day, after many listens. I thought Black Metal was either Marduk or Burzum, but Leviathan nails the atmospheric feeling with the metal passion for me.
Pic rel is my favorite song by him right now. Gonna dig his discography now. Good taste, OP.

Attached: Screenshot_20220324-212538-590.png (720x1347, 55.91K)

Leviathan has a near perfect discography but I don't think I'd go so far to say it's THE BEST ever made. Maybe the best USBM, that I could get behind.

I'm trying to find more quality BM, any recs user?

What would you say it's the best ever made? Not kidding, just ignorant curiosity.

so its like just a tiny bit above dogshit in a genre filled with it.

If you like Leviathan you're probably also like
>Krallice, especially their first few albums
>Paysage D'Hiver- Giester
>Spectral Wound, both infernal decadence and Diablolic Thirst
>Utalost - The glinting spell unvests
>Woe - Hope Attrition
>Wiegedood - there's always blood at the end of the road
>Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
That's what I got off the top of my head.

That's a really tough question and I don't have a good answer. I think a personal favorite pick would probably be Black Funeral - Empire of Blood.

I forgot to put Panopticon on there. Autumn Eteral or ...and again into the light

some would consider this tourist bm

still good though

Listening to Spectral Wound, Woods from which the spirits once so loudly howled, very similar to Leviathan, also very very good and dark. Thanks for the recs.

Thank you user! Already dig Xasthur so I have a feeling this rec list will be gold.

>Black Funeral - Empire of Blood.
This rules user ty.

Attached: 245087119_4544893725531050_2768245787288404095_n.jpg (640x480, 26.52K)

I guess I can see why that would be the case. Out of curiosity; do you think it's because it's American or just because it's renowned?

Probably because it was well received and known outside of underground circles.

In retrospect I asked a retarded question. Thank you though.

Attached: 262320637_3086951858299783_2427505201839224617_n.jpg (480x480, 15.34K)

No problem guys. I also wanted to note that Krallice has in my opinion a pretty sweet 3 album run that are near perfect to me. Diotima, Year Past Matter, and Ygg Huur and all exceptional. The albums after that get weirder, kinda like prog-black metal, might be a little too niche for some people. Paysage D'Hiver might also be a little too lowfi for some tastes as well but I consider him the king of "atmoshit."

Holy shit, I totally forgot to mention Spirit Possession. Their self titled debut from 2020 is easily one of the best raw black metal albums to come out in a long time. Right up there with Spectral Wound imo.

>ever produced
Something about the production on Tenth Sublevel always seemed off to me. Still a great album but the production feels as though it's too clean for the grim music. The tracks from compilations of demo material, especially the first half of Verrater, are his best.

Weakling needs to be there too

Wrong cunt

Attached: a0561430909_16.jpg (700x700, 73.81K)

Was he the coolest in the OMM documentary?

Attached: leviathan.jpg (608x471, 86.42K)