BASED LINEUP

BASED LINEUP

Attached: 7E23D8F4-F205-486D-A483-39ABE41A3D30.png (1639x2048, 2.11M)

There's only like maybe two or three bands I'd even care to see, And I aint paying Perry Farrell, Lori Lightfoot, and The City of Chicago hundreds of dollars of my hard earned cash for this shit-fest.

At what point did Lollapalooza stop being an alternative rock festival?

Attached: lolla.jpg (410x539, 291.15K)

Damn, I'm getting out of touch. I have no idea who's in the bottom half.

When Warped Tour died.

it's not you, this line up is just weak as shit and full of literally whos

I'd say metallica is better than all of these other people/bands, but the fact that they're even on this card makes metallica the worst act on the lineup

it hasn't been one in a while now. I don't even know anyone in chicago who cares about lollapalooza anymore

>notice Inhaler getting placement on every big upcoming festival bill
>decide to check them out
>its Bono's son playing landfill indie

Attached: EZsZ6.jpg (399x400, 15.06K)

Nice love Duke Dumont

The tour the cure did, curiosa kinda had that feel. Musics been dead a long time it seems. I know 3 bands on the current one

Machine Gun Kelly is headline popular now?

When alternative rock stopped being profitable

fuck Flipturn, one of the worst bands recently

>Bob Moses

As in Ra Kalam Bob Moses?

2013 to be precise

Attached: Lollapalooza.jpg (850x1108, 553.8K)

2013 was the last alternative one, 2014 for comparison

Attached: lollalineup-1.jpg (388x600, 47.17K)

He's on this new tik-tok trend of pop-rock appreciation. Of course he's going to be headlining.

all it was in the beginning was bringing a euro style festival to the US.
it just happened to coincide with the grunge zeitgeist and the boomer journalists had to compare something to woodstock, 91 and 92 were peak, from 93 on it was considered a fest for normies and richkids, like coachella today, tickets prices shot up and sold out before any bands got announced.
Metallica headlining in 96 was hugely controversial at the time and the real death knell for it as alt rock fest, the cultural relevance was already gone by then though.

it's alternative but it's mostly pop. queens of the stone age and NiN are surrounded by indie pop and electronic. vampire weekend and future played at the same time same day. the electronic stage started getting way more budget. I was there for a day and it wasn't great

Metallica is headlining a lot of thing, they've got an new album or what ?

>Baby Any Forums : The Fagstival
That’s one long paragraph of nobodies.

Cashing in as much as possible before arthritis hits and the geezers can't play metal

Never thought I‘d see Dua Lipa next to fucking Metallica