What the fuck were they thinking? This is godawful. Why even keep the image and band name anymore?

What the fuck were they thinking? This is godawful. Why even keep the image and band name anymore?

Attached: impera.jpg (1024x1024, 561.04K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0TJzUI7QDXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The image is the whole thing. The music is secondary…

The image used to directly coincide with the music: retro occult rock with cheesy satanic overtones. It worked beautifully for the first 3 albums.

this band is pure soi

Seriously what happened to THIS Ghost?
youtu.be/0TJzUI7QDXI

Metal for people who don't like metal.
Im not gatekeeping, I mean, even epica playing attack on titan is far better than this

This isn't even rock or metal anymore. It's pure 80s light pop with occasional guitar. And the worst part is none of it is even catchy.

The singer kicked out the guitarist who wrote all the music

Metal for people who don’t like MODERN metal. Most metal sucks now other than doom.

They're awesome and this is a natural progression from Prequelle. Cry more.

Prequelle was the downfall. "Twenties" is literally one of the worst fucking things I've ever heard.

I really like it. I actually got the record from a little record store near where I live and it's great.

I agree that Twenties is cringe and Hunter's Moon doesn't fit and should've been a stand alone single / b-side. There are legit criticisms but the generic 'dude they suckkk' is retarded.

Twenties is by far the worst on the album. It blows my mind that they released it as a single to hype the album.

The rest is alright though. I think this album works better than Prequelle.

user you have to understand that sometimes artists change styles and that's that. This is not the Ghost of yesteryear. That Ghost is probably never coming back. I agree that this would be a decent album if it wasn't labeled as a Ghost album.

I will say though, this album sounds like if Journey had an edgy phase.

They've been steadily going downhill for the past few albums. I thought they would get through this horrible 80's pop phase faster, and was looking forward to them getting to the 90's to play more thrash/grunge type shit like early TOOL or SOAD. But no, they keep making this trash.

Respite On The Spitalfields is basically grunge at least

>There are legit criticisms but the generic 'dude they suckkk' is retarded.

That's my whole point though. They were fucking amazing until Prequelle and this album.

Agreed. Make this a side project or something because it isn't Ghost. Fucking Tobias is coming out on stage now in a teal glittery jacket like a hyper flamboyant 80s pop star. Why even have the pope character anymore?

No one is really expecting them to go back to overtly praising Satan in grunge infused pseudo doom ballads. But they've basically completely abandoned everything that made Ghost what it is in everything but name and image. There's virtually no point in keeping the satanic church gimmick when you sound like fucking Journey and dress like Elton John.

And the new Ghouls look like a complete joke.

This album is the equivalent of a soimale drinking IPAs with i can haz cheezeburger cats on it and getting excited over epic 80s nostalgia in Disney Plus movies. Some of the weakest shit I have ever heard