Removes Dear God

>Removes Dear God
>Instant 10/10 album

Attached: Skylarking_XTC.jpg (600x600, 91.08K)

it's not even supposed to be on the album and isn't on a lot of presses. hope that makes you feel better OP

Robert Wyatt did that gag better anyway.

Dear God is not on that album though?

>removes melt the guns
The perfect xtc record

Attached: EDC95E20-9713-47AA-B797-A7828B1BBB22.jpg (300x300, 23.89K)

>Removes nothing
>Still remains 10/10

The patrician's favorite XTC album coming through

Attached: 1268380.jpg (400x400, 34.74K)

That's not Black Sea

There’s too much cringe on that album for me. I’d take Nonsuch over it.

I at least really like all of their records but Drums and Wires is the best one man, c’mon

What do you consider cringe? The obnoxiously bad lyrics of President Kill Again are still saved by the incredible instrumental.
To each their own. Both are great albums but everything they did from Skylarking onward is remarkably better.

i don't get english settlement. other XTC albums are amazing but this one filters me, it's too heady

objective

Attached: my-image.png (1064x465, 263.22K)

Not even top 10.

What do you have against Mummer? Wonderland alone should put it above their first two albums.

I respect the top 6, but you got filtered by Apple Venus and Mummer hard

deliver us, human alchemy are dogshit. just about every other track is just okay with the exception of wonderland which is one of colin's best songs

Dear God is an amazing song, why the hate?

i put apple venus in s tier though, do you mean wasp star?

How is it cringe?

I always skip Hold me my daddy and Pink thing

>deliver us, human alchemy are dogshit
Like some of XTC's other experimental tracks (Complicate Game, Travels in Nihilon) they may take awhile to get used to, but they probably will click eventually. I think Human Alchemy especially is good.
>just about every other track is just okay with the exception of wonderland which is one of colin's best songs
I think Great Fire and Love on a Farmboy's Wages are two of their best songs and the three body songs of side 2 are quite beautiful. That said, I will concede that it could have been made even better if Toys or Jump found their way on the album.
Yeah, my bad.
Hold Me My Daddy is probably my favorite song on the record.

Black Sea>English Settlement>Skylarking>Apple Venus vol. 1>Drums and Wires>Nonsuch>Mummer>Oranges and Lemons>Big Express>Go 2>Wasp Star>White Music

idk, complicated game + nihilon clicked pretty quickly for me. the mummer songs haven't quite as much

i will give you farmboy. ladybird too, maybe i should revisit the album

it's not that wasp star is bad, i'm just not as impressed by it as the others. though in retrospect it probably belongs above go 2. maybe even above white music