How do I tell other people my music taste?

I don't get how others do it, when someone asks you what music you listen to, how do you not fucking freeze up? Every single time.
My music taste isn't even weird or Any Forums related, but I have the feeling people will think I'm a babydick faggot and avoid me if I told them what I listen to.
Should I just tell them I listen to rock and metal, or is that a "red flag"? Fucks sake.

Attached: 1647616351946.png (818x848, 71.18K)

Yeah it's a redflag of autism as well ad this thread. Unless you are a gigging musician you just tell people 'huh, I just listen whatever'

i usually tell people i like [decade]'s [broad genre]
then if the conversation continues i try to figure out what me and the other person might have in common

You like Alan Parsons Project right? It's nice safe, has the Jordan intro & all/

I just tell them, “I’m listening to [this album/artist/genre] right now” and then let them react.
If they are excited, keep talking about it.
If it seems like they dislike that music, or don’t have anything to say about it, ask them what they’re listening to right now.
At that point, you can control the music convo however you want.

no one cares

I'd just say something like rock and alternative rock from the 80s and 90s or maybe say my favorite 2 or 3 bands or what I've been listening to recently. People aren't interested or knowledgeable enough for you to give a deepdive on specific sub-subgenres or bands no one knows.

Alt rock and electronic music. They usually shut up after that. I made the mistake of telling a girl I liked metal once, but I learned from that.

Wrong. I care immensely and will judge and rip someone to pieces on their so called taste in music. I actually resent the entire concept of taste. Music is not a matter of a chacan a son gout. It's objective. It's either good or it isn't. And if you "like" something that isn't good, you're not only wrong but lack the cognitive capacity to assess music in the first place, making you a lesser person whose life is less valuable than someone who isn't a defect.

This

Unless you're at a show, festival, or something related to the hobby. You're really just wasting your time. I go with the old, "...Little bit of everything, I dig stuff like [insert lowest common denominator shit/Spotifycore I actually dig here]..."

Attached: 1646795663892.jpg (2048x1459, 272.7K)

Wrong.

Right

> I made the mistake of telling a girl I liked metal once
How did she react?

What do you even listen to, user?

"I listen to every area of rock music, like shoegaze to grindcore to alternative rock. it depends on my mood."

>"oh nice I like rock too like Red Hot Chili Peppers and KISS and image dragons"

every single time

Metal and rock mostly, but I like other styles of music. I guess I could just tell people I listen to "a little bit of everything" but what if they get to know me more and find out I'm a fucking "red flag" virgin that they should avoid immediately?

oof

Glad you agree now.

her chad bullfriend approached me a swiping blow to the forehead. called me a nerd and then left. cried myself to sleep that night listening to depressive suicidal black metal.