Better than MBDTF

better than MBDTF

Attached: proxy-image.png (300x263, 167K)

L

C'MON HOMIE WHAT HAPPENED?
YOU NIGGAS AIN'T BREATHIN, YOU GASPIN'!

Did you make this decision this yesterday? Where were you faggots when me and my cool friends were saying this shit in 2013? Still in the womb?

i really dont think anyone on this board is gonna argue

i am

not saying yeezus is bad, just that it isn't near the level of mbdtf. time will tell

Does there really need to be 2 threads in the catalog about the same album?

bruh this board was jacking off to this album back in 2013, p4k gave it a 9.5. you arent special

TLOP > Yeezus > 808s > MBDTF > LR > TCD > Ye > Graduation > Donda > JIK

honest question: do you enjoy the tail end of tlop? silver surfer till the end. i think it could've been one of his best if he ended with wolves

I will. I think Yeezus is his worst. Listening to it when it leaked felt like a bad April Fool's joke and time has hardly endeared it any more to me. I don't know what my biggest disappointment of the 10s was - this or Humanz.

damn, i remember those leaks. when i listened to them i thought no way was a perfectionist like kanye going to release an unfinished album lol.. i have been disappointed a couple more times since, today i dont expect much from him

Scoopty whoop poopity scoop whoop whoop?

MBDTF is the music equivalent to oscar bait. Just pure, sugary, ear-fatiguing critic bait with a thousand industry approved features and a millennial whoop on All of the lights for good measure. I understand Kanye distancing himself from the acclaim that album got because having a record that is that industry approved and safe must hurt his rebellious spirit he's always had since the beginning. He himself said that Yeezus was a course correction because after MBDTF and WTT he was suddenly a mainstream darling and at his highest popularity peak since Graduation. Yeezus did what it had to do to protect his artistic integrity.

this is the most midwit post ive seen on Any Forums

what other hip-hop album sounds like mbdtf? i don't think anything before or after it came close to replicating it's maximalism sound.

the song structures are really odd for the genre: guitar solo between rap verses in devil in a new dress, saturated vocoder solo at the end of runaway, the bridge at the end of power, the groaning in hell of a life, pretty much all of lost in the world.

the vocal production is incredibly unique, fusing several voices together to get a compressed voice like in all of the lights. actually, if all of the lights was "oscar bait" he'd probably find a way to use all the voices in such a way that people could recognize the superstars singing them (elton john, john legend, drake and more).

all this ties in to the artistic statement of the album, an album about ego, power and the downside of success

meanwhile, you say yeezus protects his artistic integrity. an album that while on the one hand has cool soundscapes (hold my liquor comes to mind) but is unfinished, lyrical the equivalent of the how do you do fellow kids meme, and has shit songs like send it up and black skinhead.

sure, it's commercially and critically successful, but so are bands like the doors, or movies like rosemary's baby and even books like ulysses. do these not have artistic integrity?

instead of acting like you are smart, post actual criticism dumbass

*climbs you like a ladder and my penis is out and flopping about, i also fart and burp*

retard

Jesus Christ that reddit spacing. You wouldn't give a shit about MBDTF if it didn't get the 10 on pitchfork. Fuck that site for making indie heads think liking Kanye was cool.

It was always cool, silly rockfag

If you think MBDTF is his best album you're not a Kanye fan, you're a tourist who's easily impressed by pompous pop rap with prog-rock samples.

MBDTF is reddit: the album

awesome, again no actual criticism. when you have an actual opinion on something maybe you can have this conversation, probably sometime after you finish high school.

You should check out Drake if you like MBDTF that much, he's on the album after all. He's really good at that pop rap stuff