“It’s just shock value bro”

Considering thousands of artists have used this symbol as a motif or artistic expression can we all agree that the lazy explanation that “it was just shock value at the time” is fake and gay?

Artists as varied and important to the 20th century such as David Bowie, The Stooges, The Rolling Stones and obviously tens of thousands of underground rock bands explore nazi iconography through history and other narrative (and sometimes musical) devices.

Discuss.

Attached: 507CE6E2-0A76-4446-85FF-7A0A9EE46266.jpg (260x280, 9.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BmZ6Y6APUPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=THHah_rH5Ns
youtube.com/watch?v=zKX9OjNy_NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=BmZ6Y6APUPQ

Rock artists are edgy so they use shock value
>but muh varied artists
all rock btw

Great thread OP! But before I answer your question: are you Jewish by any chance?

Attached: d.jpg (480x360, 12.91K)

>the lazy explanation that “it was just shock value at the time” is fake and gay
depends.

i think most people appropriating fascist imagery are just intellectual midgets regardless of their true intent.

it is possible to be dumb enough to think you can recontextualise such imagery for your own trivial artistic endeavours. it is lazy in so far as it it as a manifestation of the person's lack of intellectual rigor.

it that same lack of intellectual rigor and laziness can lead to genuine fascist leanings. only a true brainlet can say something like this:
>I used to be into dope, now I’m into racism. It’s much heavier, man.

ultimately you should just ignore the work of these people because they are incapable of producing anything of value because their brains are incredibly small.

>fascist
Nazis were not fascists.
>verbose word salad saying nothing in the rest of your post
You sound like a retarded social studies undergrad.

youtube.com/watch?v=THHah_rH5Ns

None of those artists are Nazis and right-wingers don't make good music. Deal with it, Any Forumscel.

No, because in a lot of cases it WAS just shock value. None of those are particularly varied or important to the 20th century, they're just rock musicians.

Take it to Any Forums you fucking shill

life must be difficult for someone with a brain as small as yours.

youtube.com/watch?v=zKX9OjNy_NI

Wearing and parading nazi imagery is cringe as fuck. Possessing nazi values however are based. A lot of those retards that claim they are nazis aren't really dedicated to the actual ideology itself and they barely hold up to debates.

>based
step away from the computer, child.

>points out the word based instead of the word cringe
Reddit is more your speed.

based

cringe

chud

Yeah this is about the quality of posts you see on reddit. Pseudo-intellectual, autofellating and the pretentious spacing.
I can literally SEE the s oy dripping from your post.

>post bad
>me angry
nice post
stay mad

Project more, nigger. I know you'll report this for wacism but the mods probably won't give a shit.

le evil weltjude aaaahhhhhhh

toddlerbrain want his bottle?

it's really shock value, otherwise they would've stuck to the image

Most artists did it for shock value and as a middle finger to the older generation/authority. I'm sure there were some that genuinely did it for artistic act, but most didn't