How do I improve at chords on the piano? I want to be able to come up with chords for my own compositions...

How do I improve at chords on the piano? I want to be able to come up with chords for my own compositions, but Idk where to begin.

Attached: 0FC85042-7225-4D9D-ABAF-7A0B9BC0C0E2.jpg (480x360, 22.79K)

get lessons from a piano teacher or find a program on youtube and follow a formally structured training routine like any remotely serious musician would . if you feel hesitant about that then you are already destined for failure and you should stop right now.

learn scales, every combination of notes in the scale is a chord, more or less

Play more piano

Learn songs. Literally all their is to it.

bump

This is literally it. Learn to make progressions and make chord voicings out of scales

there are only 12 notes
just experiment

Circle of fifths
voice leading

>make chord voicings out of scales please explain

I sound like a monkey mashing the keys without a scale

learn music theory, learn scales, use different voicings etc etc

Look up something in google like 'how to link scales and chords on piano' and try out that

gen z are actually so retarded they don't know how to start learning how to do something without asking internet strangers for help? jesus christ . kill yourself

>make chord voicings out of scales please explain
if you know what notes make up a chord you can rearrange the chord, for example playing a G chord with the B as the lowest note instead of G

Are you retarded?

>without a scale
all the scales are overlapping each other all at once with minor differences. The standard major and minor scales all have the same ratios. Knowing that makes it easy to modulate, since you know that certain notes lead to certain ratios of notes.

either help or ignore the thread you inbreds

I don't understand

scales overlap and share notes, and these are called modes
for example A Ionian, B Dorian and C# Phyrigian are all modes of the A Major scale
this means that you can easily modulate between these because they share the same notes

just to explain this further those modes all share the exact same notes, the difference is which note you use as the root

HERE OP.
Start with the C scale (The one with no sharps or flats, all white keys) the learn the scales in the following order: G, D, A. These are the scales that succeed each other in the circle fifths. They start on the fifth of each of those scales. They only require that you add one black key at a time

The next thing you want to do is to learn triads. In the scale you're playing, you want to start with one of the notes, then you want to play a 1,3,5 structure to complete the triad. It basically involves the following sequence: note, skip, note, skip, note. This is a triad. You can play those notes in any order of different octaves and it will still be the same chord, so for instance you can play the 3rd or 5th an octave lower below the root note, and it will still be the same chord. play these chords as part of the bass (left hand) to be the main chord progression of the song. As a side note, learn how to play extended chords, like the 7 and suspended chord, to give your chord structures more spice. That's basically it.