NYCunts

Why was every musician from New York a complete fucking asshole from around 1975-1992? Especially if they were involved in any "alternative" band, for instance it's well known that the members of Sonic Youth were insecure pretentious pricks who went to obscene assholish lengths to be seen as "punk". It was like they never advanced mentally past the age of 16, especially with all of their talk of "jocks" ruining their shows.
Next up is Michael Gira, why does this filthy asshole think he's in any position to judge other people as "disgusting" when he spent his youth as a degenerate drug pushing vagrant? He's another prick that still throws around terms like "jocks" as if he's not a fucking senior citizen now, the motherfucker is almost 70 and he still talks and presents himself like a pissy moody teen. Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on Swans or Sonic Youth as artistic entities, I absolutely love them, but was this kind of behavior really so widespread in NYC music circles at the time, as well as an integral part of the music making process? Or can you point me in the direction of NYC guys who weren't complete dicks at the time?

Attached: 800px.jpg (800x1225, 239.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fisher_King
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why was every musician from New York a complete fucking asshole from around 1975-1992?
Everyone from New York is an asshole.

flyovers

This is pretty much every punk/postpunk/any kind of slightly artsy music that takes itself seriously artist.

For some reason yankees and especially new yorkers are super autistic about their town. They literally think its a whole world and being from new york is some elite shit.
It's just American autism in action again.

my favourite thing new yorkers do is brag about bodegas, I went to new york once and a bodega is literally just a corner shop. They brag like 'but you can get coffee there too!' yeah dickhead and every single petrol station and small tesco has a costa machine in it. baka

>bro new york has like a whole society and social structure bro we're so unique
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fisher_King
Faggot ass town

i think a lot of that is more of an inditement of attitudes within the punk scene than new york itself

but i'm from new york and we are generally cooler than everyone else

tourists, go back

Literally proving my point about seppo autism

never heard of this asshole but fuck him for putting duct tape on a 3000 dollar guitar instead of rewiring it to remove the unwanted knobs. what a fucking prick. hope he goes broke and has to sell it for a fraction of what he could have gotten out of it if he weren't an image focused douchebag, "look at me im so punk i put duct tape on a beautiful instrument cuz i don't care"

maybe it was just for this gig. next day he probably uses the knobs. why rewire?

why duct tape? that's a nitro finish zero percent chance that duct tape isn't gonna fuck it up. i don't buy that it's for one gig. he's trying to show everyone that's he's MINIMALIST if you're minimalist and just need one pickup and volume then respect the guitar and remove what you don't. but of course he didn't do that, then nobody would notice that he's minimalist

Gira's an LA transplant, the only thing worse than a native New Yorker. And Steve Shelley from Sonic Youth is an insecure cheesehead who wants everyone to think he overcame his bumpkin origins and became an artsy bohemian, but he's just gay

>Why was every musician from New York a complete fucking asshole from around 1975-1992?
because the city was a lawless wasteland and the home of gg allin and suicide; the entire music scene back then was just play loud, play bad, and terrorize your fans. it’s what sold
>the rest of your post
i’m not reading that

i label painters tape and slap it on all my shit so i remember where the knobs and patch cables go and i don’t give a shit because i only beat up stuff that i know i’m never going to sell

tl;dr cry about it faggot
literally everything fucks up nitro, you’ll drive yourself insane trying to protect it

>because the city was a lawless wasteland and the home of gg allin and suicide; the entire music scene back then was just play loud, play bad, and terrorize your fans. it’s what sold
And LA rock was about huffing coke and fucking underage girls. (^:

Yeah it’s fucking nitro, it’s a shit finishing compound and the only reason anybody uses it is because it gets cracked and weathered and looks cool when it’s old. What’s the point of buying expensive shit if you’re just going to baby it forever because there’s a 1% chance you might sell it?

ok

it’s nitrocellulose you stupid faggot, unless you keep it in a fucking pitch black vacuum chamber there’s a zero percent chance it’s not going to get fucked up. by its very design it will literally never stop off-gassing and no matter what you do it’s going to get thinner and thinner as time goes by

instruments aren’t form over function, nobody buys a stradivarius because of the fucking finish

They seethe because you spoke the truth.