/classical/

Schoenberg edition
youtu.be/I9-_tVSrCqs

This thread is for the discussion of music in the Western classical tradition.

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous Thread:

Attached: saviour of music.jpg (530x750, 109.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMFDTQ_ikjM
youtube.com/watch?v=Iu58_zGFmT0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bernstein is still ok, not #1 but not #0

Bernstein sucks

Bach Cum

youtube.com/watch?v=dMFDTQ_ikjM

Again, have all the copium you want, I've got plenty to share
Return to the shadows Boulezoid

I think West Side Story and Candide have some ok songs.
Bernstein is a shit conductor and generally shit for what he did to the vastly superior Mitropoulos.

Man I forgot how good the F major Mass is, should relisten one of these days

I actually think Boulez is somewhat over_rated when it comes to the 20th century, especially on Webern imo.
Great composer though.

>Mitropoulos
He's really overrated, really really overrated

He was a horrible composer, the worst France had in the 20th century. I know Gould said Mozart died too late, but he was far more lucky than Boulez: he died interminably late
Also yeah, he was overrated as a conductor. Webern, Debussy, Mahler, Bruckner, Beethoven - anything he touched seemed to become boring and dull

>best Elektra
>default best Das Buch mit Sieben Siegeln
>great Don Giovanni and Schoenberg
>good Mahler 6
You're entitled to your (wrong) opinion.

why is he so smug bros?

Attached: arnie.jpg (318x448, 73.54K)

Your entitled to a new hearing aid, until then I refuse to take music criticism from the deaf
Also: his Das Buch mit Sieben Siegeln is shit. Maybe one of the most soulless things he ever did, but what do you expect from a guy like him? He wouldn't know passion if he was drowned head-to-toe in it

Ah better than Wagner, he looked a lot more smug. I guess it's a saving grace both are equally good

>listening to Gould's opinion on Mozart
Might as well just come out and say that you're a pleb and none of your opinions are worth listening to.

I refuse for Wagner to be put alongside Schoenberg! I refuse!

the only good thing bernstein ever did was his vienna mahler 6

If you think I take Gould's opinion of Mozart seriously, the only pleb here is you. Not to say it'd make you much more worth listening: all I've heard so far is the bickers and whines of basedpilled formwhores

ackchually it's Berenstain

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=Iu58_zGFmT0

Bernstein's Mahler 6 is so-so, one of the lesser ones he did. I prefer Mackerras or Abbado, very occasionally Haitink

>abbado
which one of the 15 that he did? all of them sound totally different and none of them sound as gnarly and vehement as bernstein. mackerras is not a mahlerian.

OH NO OH NO CLASSICALBROS WE LOST SOMEONE OVER TO /JAZZ/

zzz

Now ones he always did good were the 2nd, 3rd, and 7th. His 1st, meh, it's ok but again a weak link. 4th is a bore, I prefer Kubelik. 5th is so-so but he doesn't do the Adagietto well, if not the worst either. 8th is not my cup of tea in general so, nuff said. And his 9th dies in the Finale, in not a good way at all. Adagio of the 10th is good but not #1.
So there, see? Bernstein ain't perfect. He was good, but not perfect

looks like a falseflag

his second sucks and his third is either too slow or has sloppy playing. his 7th is nothing special.