Fuck the grateful dead

fuck the grateful dead

Attached: FE03C1D5-2E45-458A-BEB5-6886830C1A40.jpg (1200x900, 125.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hottopic.com/product/nirvana-nevermind-30th-anniversary-album-title-tie-dye-t-shirt/16189331.html?cgid=band-merch-shop-by-artist-nirvana#start=13
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Haven't listened to Jerry in a couple of years but he and the grateful dead definitely had more talent than that retard ever did.

kurt was wrong on this one

At least he had a good head on his shoulders

It's easier to name good Nirvana songs instead of good Grateful Dead songs

I like both.

Not for me. I'd say Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir were objectively better songwriters than the Nirvana guys.

He's right though. tie-die tees are cringe and only faggot hippies and kids wear them.

I've tried getting into American Beauty so many times and it just never clicked. What are some good GD songs? I really like the Dylan & the Dead album tho

Why does anyone actually care what this tryhard posturing faggot had to say about anything

Blues for Allah is my favorite studio album, Workingman's Dead is pretty great too. They are very different.

Reckoning(1981 acoustic live album) is my favorite, hands down. Maybe a few too many depressing Jerry songs on there, but those are still good. I just need to be in the right mood. I think Jerry's talent is a lot more apparent when he's playing acoustic. Though if you didn't like AB, you might not like this either.

Live/Dead('69), Europe '72 and Cornell '77 are probably what gets most people into the GD though. If you listen to all this stuff and it still doesn't click, then it just isn't for you (and that's okay.) My friend's mom growing up was a Deadhead and I thought it was the stupidest shit, but one day 20 years later I just 'got it.' I love the songs. When I play a GD song on guitar, it feels like it belongs to me and not the band, like a folk standard. They wrote classics.

On the other hand, hippies wouldn't care if Kurt played naked. Maybe he was just kind of an overly judgmental asshat? Also I don't think he'd appreciate you saying faggot. He told homophobes to leave his shows.

When assholes crashed the gate and led to the first official cancellation of a Grateful Dead show, Jerry didn't have the heart to go out and tell the crowd the show was cancelled himself. He didn't even have a mean word for the people who ruined the show, even though they deserved it. He believed in wearing what you want, being who you want, living how you want. That's the kind of guy I respect.

>getting filtered by phil "based" collins

Thanks for the write up bro. I'll check out blues for Allah tomorrow

Shotgun shell incoming.

Right on, I hope you like it. It's the first studio album they really wanted to make and weren't pressured into by record execs, and it shows. It's definitely a more unique and spirited sound.

From The Mars Hotel is pretty good too.

Attached: image-1550261241.png (1080x1345, 887.74K)

Commiting suicide on public display tends to make people idolize you.

AAAAAH get fucked faggot

hottopic.com/product/nirvana-nevermind-30th-anniversary-album-title-tie-dye-t-shirt/16189331.html?cgid=band-merch-shop-by-artist-nirvana#start=13

One from the Vault is an A+ show from 75. Its the entire BFA album performed live, plus other songs.
A megarecommended listen if you haven't yet, user.

I think if Kurt heard the early stuff like the first two studio albums and maybe The Warlocks studio demos, he actually might've LIKED The Grateful Dead, or at least the pre 1969 ear. If all he knew was Truckin; Casey Jones, and Sugar Magnolia, then I can understand his sentiment. That's why I always tell people to AVOID Workingman's Dead and American Beauty, until they've heard the earlier stuff first. That sophoric stoner country shit is enough to filter ANYBODY!

The bizarre thing is the quote in the OP was Kurt's response to people outside his shows selling bootleg tie-dyed Nirvana 'smiley' shirts

You seem liked a seasoned head.
I always preferred the Pig Pen years but I dig it all.

If you're a Jazz fan you're gonna LOVE Blues For Allah. Also, no GD album sounds like it prior or post. It's unique and stands out on it's own. It's one of my favorites if only for those reasons alone.

Mars Hotel is good, but some of the songs are a bit sophorific, and I have to be in the mood to listen to the whole thing w/o skipping any songs, but I'm a Phil-Head and there are two Phil songs on there. I feel fortunate that I got to see the band perform Unbroken Chain at Jerry's very last show in Chicago in 95.

Good recommendation.

why was he so hateful? always complaining about shit, always like
>i hate this i hate that i hate everything grrr hate hate hate
and then was like
>waaaaaah im so depressed im sad boohoo
well of course youre gonna always be sad when you hate freaking everything all the time