Best new wave band

Best new wave band

Attached: 8B50CD7C-5718-4A3A-91C1-F1073E747F12.jpg (300x300, 39.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LsLLpFKKcGA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For me it's Oingo Boingo. The patrician's choice

more like oinko boinko lmao

Not enough good songs, and kinda one trick pony. I like their style, but it’s exhausting to listen to more than a few songs of theirs in a row

Attached: 1086full-lizzy-mercier-descloux.jpg (1086x700, 185.39K)

>lizzy mercier
>new wave
>band

youtube.com/watch?v=LsLLpFKKcGA

"im not like the other" babby's first new wave

This sounds like a perfect description for Devo

>babby's first new wave
Dude new wave is a mainstream genre, pretty much most groups are popular and "baby's first." There's no point in gatekeeping it.

devo had tons of hooks

they were fantastic at coming up with catchy synthpop melodies. his voice is probably the only thing about them that's difficult to listen to

Hooks, sure. But I still don't find most of them memorable

i can hear the guitar for the chorus of "freedom of choice" immediately

Go listen to Patterns and Clockout

thats why i said "im not like the other" lol, the nerd's gateway to new wave is devo

I'm not the biggest Talking Heads fan but let's be real, the answer is Talking Heads.

As far as enjoyability B-52 are the best.

Killer band. I got to see them live a couple of times and got to sit in on a rehearsal session for their Japan tour.
It's a totally different experience from their studio recordings and made me appreciate their song writing and musicianship so much more.
Rip bob casale

>from their studio recordings
In what way? With synth music I don't naturally imagine a huge difference.

>tell me you're a pleb without telling me you're a pleb

They make it more rock and roll. The synths are more overdriven sounding as are the guitars and they have a live drummer. They were using Josh Freese for a while. That guy is a beast.
The stage show the band puts on is hilarious too. They come out in the yellow suits and eventually end them off midway through the set. Mark tends to use a handful of props to help hype the audience as well. It's really entertaining.

TWIST AWAY THE GATES OF STEEL