Musicians, what goes into your mind when making/writing chords? Do you know their names and types...

Musicians, what goes into your mind when making/writing chords? Do you know their names and types? Do you think about it, or did you use to think about in the beginning?

Attached: 66C1C4FB-462C-4022-ADF9-D24B67D45FE9.jpg (212x119, 3.82K)

monkey playing snare drum in marching band

cool

no i just vaguely know scales and power chords, pick a rare motown or 60s rock song, start improvising till its distantly enough related

chords, harmony and progressions should always be written on the basis of "this sounds good, so i'll add it". Fuck theory, fuck analysis, fuck classification. Knowing your chord names, types and how to build them and all but it when it's time to write music you need to just turn off your brain and go with what sounds good.

Is it normal that it takes a shit ton of trials because I reach something good?

just use major 5s and 7s.

>i want to kill myself right now
>this is so frustrating
>everyone else is living life while i am stuck in this hellhole
>my feet hurt
>time to fap

>Fuck theory
Never ever be like this user. He's a moron, and you'll never get far without at least a basic understanding of theory.
When you get stuck writing, theory is what you use to fix it.
Don't just hit random chords like a fucking monkey.

Explain how some of the most lauded musicians (in popular music or otherwise) don't know shit about theory

you don't need theory for rock music, the kinks simply mastered blues hits and went from there

>Explain how some of the most lauded musicians (in popular music or otherwise) don't know shit about theory
What makes you think they don't understand theory?
You think if you go up to any professional guitarist and ask them to play a 1 4 5 or a Dsus, or a G minor scale, they're just going to look at you confused with drool coming out their mouths?
They all know theory

Stuff like that isnt theory lol

>Stuff like that isnt theory lol
Are you retarded? What do you think theory is?

notions of melody and harmony and applying math to songwriting are whats retarded, knowing scales is just knowing how to play an instrument

I just steal elements from the songs I learn, very important to learn only good songs because they teach you how to music, I also know one scale very well to write solos. After the song is done I have to analyse what I actually did so i can communicate to the bassist so he can write his parts, the drummer gets mad because I write a lot in 3/4 for some reason. Lyrics come first for me, they are the heart and the message. If the chords are boring, do something interesting with the right hand or use a sligthly different version of the chords (take out a finger from C major and its a variation that I don't know the name! But its very pretty). Also if the song sucks, just play it faster and make it shorter, just like the punks lol

Yeah bro just 'play what sounds good' I'm sure thats how successful conposers work (hint: almost all actual working composers use and apply theory to make music far better than your average 'fuck theory' retard)

i start with bass line and then just add notes until it sounds good to my ears, then i repeat the process and then i try to make it kind of rhytmical, then do sound design.

meaningless. You don't know theory and you have some made up assumption about what theory is then denounce it. You are literally retarded but are too dumb to see it

>have 500 years of western theory and harmony encultured into your brain
>"yeh jus play good sound tho bro"

pyw