Is black metal really as smart as people say? or is it gimmick genre gone too far?

is black metal really as smart as people say? or is it gimmick genre gone too far?

Attached: 1568157353442.png (5000x2500, 2.27M)

I made this chart like four years ago just to piss off /metal/.
I stand by Blizzard Beasts.

also fuck black metal

Attached: 1557786827558.jpg (250x241, 24.91K)

This is obviously a shitpost, but I like a lot of things on both sides of the chart. Plus calling something like Burzum uninspired is a little ridiculous. Maybe if someone released something like Filosofem today it would sound generic, but back when it was released it was a trailblazing album. Good job in baiting me though.

Based. Blizzard Beasts really is a phenomenal album that is brutally underrated in regards to Immortal's discography. With that said, Der Sturmer is good fuck you.

>Der Sturmer is good
at least your right about blizzard beasts

Attached: der soymer.jpg (800x555, 87.76K)

i mean its cool and probably the most out-there subculture since punk rock and hip hop but i get the sense that a lot of those guys are morons, i mean the OGs of black metal were guys that burned churches and killed each other and cut themselves on stage...does that make u interesting? sure, smart? tough to say

black metal is retard iq tier

fixed version of your retarded bait chart

Attached: black metal iq for retards chart fixed.jpg (5000x2500, 2.42M)

ayoo this nigga unironically listens to GBK aka ice cream truck jingles filtered through a distortion pedal

Attached: 2fgy8phlu9b81_jpg.jpg (1024x559, 391.4K)

That picture genuinely makes me laugh every time, it's like they're cartoon characters. The hidden track on A Banner Greater Than Death is god-tier as well with the fucking John Lennon "Imagine" sample. Funny band, fun riffs. Only low IQ wouldn't get it.

pagan smellfire

>nygothaeblisz
hilarious

>if I put my mediocre tourist taste on the high IQ side then that means I'm smart!

>Blizzard Beasts is the gold standard
It's just Morbid Angel played a bit sloppier and with shitty drums

Attached: 1623974642741.png (500x720, 587.73K)

Still works.

>anime shitposter
>"It's just Morbid Angel played a bit sloppier and with shitty drums"
literally proving the chart right.

>why yes, I am a Gris fan
>how could you tell?

Attached: 1629378000883.png (500x417, 217.09K)

i like gris

Attached: 450.jpg (360x450, 109.88K)

Everything in OP's pic is tourist-core. Literally babby's first year into black metal tastes.

No, black metal is dumb, and it should stay that way. Black metal is like punk in that it thrives off of raw simplicity. The more lobotomized and retarded it becomes, the better.

>aka ice cream truck jingles filtered through a distortion pedal
lmao stealing this for the next time someone posts meloshit garbage

the only think more retarded than black metal are it's fans. look no further than this thread for proof

>Black metal is like punk in that it thrives off of raw simplicity
Hipster black metal happened because everyone was tired of all the second wave worship in the 2000's. And now the opposite is happening.

Black metal isn't intellectual but it's fun at least.

Yes, Black Metal has been scientifically proven to be the most high IQ genre of music besides classical.