Women in punk

>Women in punk

Attached: 68C4BF0E-D4E0-42F7-995D-366B9430A652.jpg (2404x1260, 443K)

Epic win, based and redpilled!

Most retarded take ever considering the amount of influence Patti Smith had on pretty much every band from the first wave of Punk. And also punk stemming from non-conformists dealing with queer themes such as Iggy Pop, Lou Reed and the New York Dolls.

Fuck you.

Women have been a part of punk since basically the very start though. Artists like Patti Smith, X-Ray Spex, Siouxsie, Crass, Talking Heads, The Germs, Raincoats, X, The Slits, every no wave band, etc. It's not like it was some boy's club that got ruined when the girls with cooties came in, the girls were always there

No that's women in metal

Yes! And The Au Pairs! Punk and feminism, along with other social movements, were intertwined pretty much from the get go. Forget about OP he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The last panel here is what's better for the hobby though

>white power
>trannyshit
>leftism
>drug use
>hinduism
How do ALL of these things have to do with punk. I am confused

Attached: 1563420859281.png (2404x1260, 1.28M)

implying that all of these things are equally bad is peak centrism wow lmao you gotta go back

White power was never a seminal nor relevant part of Punk's aesthetic or political schtick the way queer, feminist, anticapitalist and anarchist themes were. If you think otherwise you're dealing with a fucked up confirmation bias and probably a lot of other weird shit too.

I was implying nothing

Imagine not being the retard who made that but a different retard who saved it and reposts it thinking it's right

>implying nothing
>using les implication arrows

In fact, I'm pretty sure antiracism was one of the main talking points for the Punk pioneers, whose music was literally based upon the black musical roots of blues and funk...

Hahaha Any Forums

If you have ever said Punk outloud or think it means anything besides a bygone era then you are part of the problem.. I don't see how anyone who hasn't lived through the nuclear scare or vietnam could EVER be part it... case in point go to /r/Punk and find _one_ track posted witthin the last month. Protip: there are no tracks. It's all fashion, posters, badges, make-up. It makes me puke

Punk rock is a style of music which appeals to a lot of people with a wide array of opinions, and part of the punk ethos involves being outspoken about one's beliefs. Metal is kind of like this, where you have white nationalist black metal and anarchist grindcore, though one key difference is there's a higher proportion of politically charged lyrics in punk than metal. Another key difference is the fact that the white nationalist punk bands have always been deliberately marginalised by the rest of the scene, where as the metal scene kinda let the whole Nazi black metal thing get out of hand to the point where that specific style is just generally known for it. Actually, maybe I'm wrong with part of that statement about punk, because Oi!/skinhead punk bands who aren't racist have to deal with similar misconceptions.

>nuclear scare or vietnam
We're living through a nuclear scare right now, and America has been involved in some manner of meaningless war since roughly a month after 9/11. The American public has been shielded from the images of the war itself in a way that wasn't done during Vietnam, but the societal effects are being feltl. Plus we're living in an age where there's a huge spotlight being shone on police brutality, to the point where's there's been mass protests which, based on footage capture in 2020, often resulting in more police brutality and subsequently causing riots and chaos. The racially charges aspect of that certainly doesn't help things. Also we have 1970s England-style income inequality on the rise throughout North America.

But tell me again about how there's nothing about the modern era which is in any way similar to the 1960s and '70s.

heckin upvoted!

Attached: 2.gif (50x50, 140.95K)

Angry music = angry beliefs, in the eyes of the public. You were right about everything until you started considering what the mainstream's opinion is on the matter, which is funny. However, everybody who lived through the 80s is aware half the skins would seriously beat the fuck out of the other half.
You have a point. Nothing today is different than the 60s/70s, except the State's power is unbelievably stronger than ever. Back in the day there would be festivals where thousands of people were tripping on acid butt naked and with children, and it would shock the opinion with few repercussions, as long as everybody played it cool. Now if they catch you with a spliff they beat your ass and send you to jail for years.
There's a need for punk, but the only punk you'll see on the Internet is safe fashionable punk. I know real punks who shoot heroin and live outside the system. It hasn't changed. Only the system is far more violent.