Will microtonal music ever become mainstream?

Will microtonal music ever become mainstream?

The 12-tone status quo needs some serious smashing.

Attached: micro-tonal-guitar.jpg (437x343, 38.88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lVlgMEFu1PI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no. good music doesn't need more than 12 notes. microtones and just intonation can suck my dick

THIS POST WAS MADE BY THE EQUAL TEMPERAMENT GANG

You will never be real harmony.

Attached: harmonics.jpg (378x515, 63.4K)

yeah 12 tone is white supremacy

it's very cool but it will always be seen as a gimmick unless lots of people just start using it without talking about it

I could see a hit song employing microtonality in an unobtrusive way. But I can't imagine a full-blown embracing of 53edo or whatever climbing up the charts

even 12 tones don't really seem to be mainstream anymore, all the songs are diatonic

no
the only people into it are weird or not making the kind of music people want to hear
recently I heard jacob collier do it in one of his covers, but it sounds like his shit usually does so take that as you will

>Will microtonal music ever become mainstream?
Hopefully not ever. That shit's for pseudointellectual reddit retards who worship Rick And Morty.

>Hopefully not ever. That shit's for pseudointellectual reddit retards who worship Rick And Morty.

came here to say this.

>muh microtonality
It's this one autist forcing this shit isn't it? Get over it faggot 12 tone with bending is as good as it gets that's why has barely changed in 400 years and have built our entire western canon on it. Microtonality is a gimmick with little substance

pretty much jacob collier fans

/thread

it already is
youtube.com/watch?v=lVlgMEFu1PI

just listen to world music

same

Attached: a3546319741_10.jpg (1200x1200, 426.87K)

That is not microtonal. That's just a scale you find exotic.

it's literally microtonal

Just listen to music from the middle east and call it a day

Use your ears

this

>More than 12 notes
But we use way more than that, 12 notes is just an octave.

Attached: 1622527615057.jpg (400x400, 16.2K)