Belief in the one true power

>belief in the one true power

Attached: Saturday_night_wrist.jpg (316x316, 17.85K)

best album and they’ve been in decline since.

Better than Mein and their other trip-hoppy songs if you remove the shitpost tier last minute of it.

>best album
Yes.

>and they’ve been in decline since
Not really, SNW was their first great album. DE and KNY maintain the momentum just fine and if it weren't for the production Gore would be up there too.

cringe post-Chi muh shoegazefag
their first five are their best

For me one fo their best, yet they don't like it

"Post-Chi" has nothing to do with it and they've been flirting with shoegaze ideas as far back as Be Quiet and Drive. That all said, I do generally like the first 4 albums. I just like SNW to Gore even more.

everything after Around the fur is gay shite

Adrenaline is the best. so crunchy

Underappreciated. Better than Around the Fur or White Pony IMO.

that's not very sweet of you, user, your parents wouldn't be proud

legitimately one of the best songs on the album

>BEEEWWWWAAAAAAAAARRREEEEEEEE THHAAAA WAAAAAAATTTERERRRRRRRR

Bee?
Where?
The water!

Attached: 8076.jpg (650x532, 216.72K)

DECIDEDECIDEISTHISSAFETOSAYDECIDEISTHATYOURSTYLEISTHISDECIDEDDECIDEISTHISITISTHISDECIDEDDECIDEREALLYFINE

Attached: 1551071445534.jpg (495x362, 17.39K)

>NOT
>A
>FUCKING
>THING

YOOOOOOOOU WAAAAAAAAAAAALKED IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE
WAS IT LIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE A DREEEEEEEEEEAM

Attached: CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg (526x402, 25.18K)

just using post-Chi to categorize the era of Diamond Eyes and afterwards

Which was reasonably foreshadowed by songs like Be Quiet and Drive, Digital Bath and Minerva. Hell, like half of SNW is heavy on the shoegaze influences. Ohms is their first album since the 90s that doesn't get a bit more shoegazey as they go along so I'm confused as to what really made a difference there. They were on that path long before Chi's accident.

While it is their best album, I wouldn't say they've been "in decline".

SNW > KNY ≥ s/t ≥ WP > DE ≥ Adrenaline > Gore ≥ AtF > Ohms

The B-Sides and Covers are mostly great, too.

deftones is my fav band but even I know gore is utter shit, all songs are basic souless trash, no new ideas, no variations, just boring basic trash
worse album by them hands down

IMO Gore had the depth, but less surface-level aggression than what most expect from Deftones.

Ohms has the opposite problem: it feels like it's mostly all only surface-level, and lacking the depth.

Where does Ohms stand for you in their discog? Because "No new ideas, no variations, just boring basic" I could easily see being used to describe Ohms as well as Gore. I'd argue that at least Gore had a more 'meditative' vibe than average.