Why didn't anyone tell me about Japan?

Why did I have to come to Any Forums to learn about the band Japan and David Sylvian? I literally never even heard of them or him before. This shit is so fucking good
youtube.com/watch?v=rISfBbgFGIY
youtube.com/watch?v=FKVuACy9c1Y
youtube.com/watch?v=nI3wvK8-D10
youtube.com/watch?v=kKx-5MzcA6c

Attached: tin drum.jpg (316x316, 68.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yYrKe8K9lEY
youtube.com/watch?v=nkimBwFa02c
youtube.com/watch?v=O85eq05Cr6U
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvYqWD36CE
youtube.com/watch?v=u9KQKqiSG9E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

whatever happened to schizo sylvain waifu poster?

Ghosts is one of the greatest songs ever written, there is almost nothing else that sounds like it.

so true, amazing it was a top 5 hit in the UK

He's Russian

There's this one autist that kept spamming David Sylvian

This is my favorite Japan song:
youtu.be/yYrKe8K9lEY

I knew about them for years because their keyboard player Barbieri is in Porcupine Tree

Attached: 61083U3Pb4L.jpg (1279x853, 66.25K)

If you're browsin Any Forums I'm assuming you've already listened to Japan, David Sylvian's solo discography and Ryuichi Sakamoto's body of work...

If not, what are you doing here?

moshi moshi :3

Attached: a90d0fe44fd36ae3d43ec3dfdbc8c794.jpg (432x416, 25.03K)

Because China numbah wan

if you liked japan 80's input here's low-res chart of stuff including its members from 1977 to 1989. would recommend masami the most if you liked late stuff. what did you listen from david's solo?
hello. it's a cover by the way but i love how they used old songs to mix something primarily old-fashion into futuristic imaginary, especially this mick's look
youtube.com/watch?v=nkimBwFa02c
youtube.com/watch?v=O85eq05Cr6U
the best example imo

Attached: xWemuk_pdQ4-1.jpg (1600x614, 355.2K)

moshi moshi :3

Attached: David-Sylvian-by-Yuka-Fujii.jpg (890x488, 150.87K)

I posted this album last week after hearing it for the first time and seem to have started a resurgence, seen a couple more posts like this one. Keep it going this album rules

ultrabased

There's an early 80's Japanese drawing of what Sylvian would look like in 30 years and it's a 100% match to how he actually turned out. However, I have no idea where to find it anymore.

Attached: 1620493655098.jpg (360x274, 16.47K)

Here’s the thread actually kek

Its OP

Haven’t made it through the whole catalogue but I love what I’ve heard so far. Brilliant Trees is a great album especially because of Hassell’s trumpet work on it. I really like this simple instrumental from the Gentlemen Take Polaroids LP m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvYqWD36CE

I ran through all of Japan, Nine Horses (History of Holes is fucking amazing), Alesini & Andreoni, and Sylvian's solo stuff except for his spoken word stuff he started doing in 2014. All of it was so fucking good, but for some reason his album with Fripp didn't do anything for me. I probably gotta revisit it but I can't stop replaying Secrets of the Beehive and Tin Drum

I miss them. They were based

What are the chances of Japan getting back together or at least Sylvian coming back to music? I'm not familiar with their history/background/etc. but would give a kidney to see them perform. I know about Rain Tree Crow (also based)
youtube.com/watch?v=u9KQKqiSG9E