I DONT GET KPOP

Seriously I dont understand why there are SO MANY kpop fans. Ive tried listening to a bunch of songs but they all seem like cheap pop derivatives

Honestly I dont get it, why is it so popular? Is it because their fans like how they look? Or how they act? Even then, it just looks so derivative and midwitty

Please help me understand!

Attached: 9d2.png (1266x688, 14.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DJYYqCl7emc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its only a small but very vocal group. like political tards

cute girls and catchy songs. that's it.

There are five kpop generals on this board at all times

again, a small group. all samfagging.

Are you watching the music videos? Try not watching the music videos they're really misleading and don't represent the music very well. Hardcore kpop fans don't just watch the music videos they watch practices full of ad libs and mistakes, livestreams where all the members are in their pajamas off a webcam, tv appearances where the members play gameshows, fan edits of songs, cellphone videos from the crowd, they don't just watch the music video. But even if you're not a fan the official videos tend to have little artistry in comparison to the music they're supposed to represent

its like country music for autists

thanks for replying. how would you describe then the music theyre supposed to represent?

Kpop fans read too much into it - it's sort of like how the mcdonalds logo supposedly has the golden ratio built into it

Attached: 32296a0527b4e62d946f18f0e6dd1fb8.jpg (1200x1200, 281.8K)

I wish that were true but.. 40 unique posters, at this hour

you just don't get how deep loona is, it's like there are 12 members and each of them represent a month in a year

usually very busy with instrumentation there's about 6 different elements going on at once to the point where some of the music is hard to keep track of or follow and way more aggressive about using studio effects than wpop, it can be a bit rave-ish with how overdriven and candycolored the synths are and also one song is going to have 6 different vocalists on it most of the time and they all sing different from each other too, its also going to have more different sections to the song like a bridge with 3 different parts instead of a bridge with 1 part. Its like what we should have gotten after NSync and Britney but never got

Stfu you really dont get it fucker

I don’t get the people that seethe about a single general on a slow board. Those gook faggots could take over the board easily and they stick to themselves. Why care?

Attached: PSY.png (803x465, 746.57K)

i'm not sure what kind of kpop you looked at to get to this conclusion
probably searched "kpop" on streaming sites which would obviously return popular bullshit

if you are set on your opinion, not gonna try to change your mind, user,
but just remember that "kpop" is not really a genre, but a "parody" of the music industry as a whole, so pretty diverse

Attached: 1645117911299.png (1350x1334, 1.68M)

Okay now that’s more like it, now I feel like the word “parody” might actually set me on the right track to “getting it”.
Genuinely, I’m not joking. Because as I said, the music itself just doesn’t seem that revolutionary. I will try to search for more underground stuff

i got into kpop like four months ago after being laid off and it's not about the music that sucks you in, but the entire culture surrounding it. yes the music is sometimes good but the way these kpop idols connect to their fans is insane it's borderline parasocial, you'd feel loved by them because they mention it everytime they're onscreen so in some way you don't feel alone anymore and once you like a group you'd feel like you became a part of in their life because they broadcast almost everything in their life

can you stop being retarded
the music is secondary
it's not a fucking parody
the girls are hot and their entire lives revolve around being watched almost all the time
same with the guys

ive been getting pretty mixed responses so far, sorry.
so are they all vapid af and it's not a parody at all?

It’s parasocial obsession music that sucks you in, and leads to depression, avoid at all costs.

They push pop music because other music challenges authority, etc. Most pop isn't even written by the group...

>so are they all vapid af
why would you aim for such a job otherwise

The best K-Pop is like progressive bubblegum

Kpop is large, the music tries and mixes all kinds off generes. Like good pop should do.

There are a lot of producers that try out mroe complex and sometimes weird stuctures of the composition.

For exaple this song
youtube.com/watch?v=DJYYqCl7emc
I'm not much into this song, but i very much appreciate the work and the effort to create something like this.

Very good production, from music to camera work and choreography.

Also, alot of people that tell me how "un"original kpop is, seem to forget what a difficult, technically skilled and emotionally ART form dancing is.

(Ever heard a guy talk about how hard and creative it is to shred a guitar solo "on stage"?
"wow, look how fast this guy moves his fingers!")

Attached: suspiria-dance.jpg (1332x1998, 595.85K)