This Heat

Out of all the bands to come out of post-punk and it's offshoots, This Heat is the only band that really stood the test of time and transcended the genre. Many of the other groups fell prey to the usual trappings and cliches of the genre and can easily be categorised, while This Heat is the only group that remained uncategorisable, sounding like no other group from the scene. The way brought together the sophisticated elements and musical abilities from their previous musical ventures and applied it to the emerging punk and industrial movements, meant that were more talented than any other group in those scenes, and ended up creating something that even those who aren't even fans of the genre could like. I've already outgrew my edgy post-punk phase and out of all the groups, This Heat is really the only group that is worth listening to.

Attached: This Heat - Deceit.jpg (599x598, 69.49K)

This Heat is great (saw them live) but Entertainment!, Solid Gold, and First Issue might be better than their stuff. just because they're more of their time or more strictly within post punk doesn't diminish their greatness imo

Nothing else sounds like Flowers of Romance or New Picnic Time

>stood the test of time and transcended the genre
they release only two records
>sounding like no other group from the scene
listen more music
>more talented than any other group in those scenes
they ran out of ideas, that's why two albums were released

Why dilute yourself by releasing bad albums?

what are some other contemporaries that released equally interesting or even good music then

Ludus, The Slits and Au Pairs are better

in what way? i haven't heard au pairs so i can't speak for them, but the other 2 are just if anything perfect examples of how boring i think post punk is for the most part
this heat is one of the only post punk bands i actually like because they did something that wasn't oh look here's a bass that's high in the mix and oohhh check this out, "angular" guitars! have fun reading that adjective in every single review of a post punk album now

>Angular is...... LE BAD!
This Heat is good, but the Slits(Cut) blew my balls off after it clicked that second listen

"When you number the various 'musical' dead ends that the late 70's era bands neurotically ran down into, you begin to understand this group importance. This group alone seem to have delivered as promised."
What's the artist?

Agreed. I’m honestly surprised Scaruffi only gave their s/t an 8, it’s at least an 8.5

I like Wire more, but I agree that This Heat is the most unique

how is it so good?

Attached: this heat st.png (554x554, 12.26K)

What's the point of even saying anything because you're just going to be like erm no because le heat is so epic beyond the rest *sucks on own dick*

kek you aren't even brave enough to share your own taste

You're too much of a poser and genre tourist to think that This Heat is seriously the "only band that really stood the test of time and transcended the genre". Crawl out of your own colon for once yeah?

Pere Ubu
Chrome
The Pop Group
Swans
All better and with a unique sound

You can prove me wrong if you want. Or will you just cope with "noo you are just going to hate them because you are too self absorbed!!"

Jesus lmao what an absolute coward. While OP might be engaging in hyperbole at least he’s willing to stand by and defend his opinions.

This Heat aren’t the best of post-punk because they aren’t post-punk. Closer to avant-garde/experimental rock really, their approach to sound collage is what sets them far apart from the countless Joy Division and Bauhaus imitators that make up the post-punk genre.

Also,
>tfw got to see them live playing with Thurston Moore
one of the most spectacular evenings of my life, I’m so blessed to have had the opportunity.

suicide

You could just potentially make a valid case for PU or TPG, but Swans? Seriously?