I don't get it

I don't get it

Attached: grateful-dead-steal-your-face.jpg (1035x1047, 70.93K)

You're supposed to be high on psychedelics and partying with le fellow deadheads. It's just a fucking CIA cult.

boomer druggie hippies, the band

of course you wouldn't, you're not my recently deceased burnout uncle

what have you listened to?

You had to be there.

In all seriousness, in my limited experience, their actual songs (as in the folky country harmony based joints) are pretty good. I don’t really dig 25 minutes of Jerry noodling tho. My opinion might be different if I was growing up in a different time, with different friends, family, drugs, relationships, eyc

Cringe

>My opinion might be different if I was growing up in a different time, with different friends, family, drugs, relationships, eyc

Like if you were a completely different person than who you actually are? Wow - great take.

Attached: 9736427.gif (327x251, 715.86K)

Attached: 1645840619349.jpg (503x337, 23.27K)

Truckin, casey jones, Sugar magnloia, touch of gray. Just good essy listening music and i listen to heavy stuff usually. I think there's one called shakdown and Friend of the devil.

It doesn’t translate to this generation. You see all the faggots everywhere on tv? Nigs mumbling over kitkat beats being heralded as geniuses? Wymyn “owning” indie rock with their soulless bedroom pop? You think the grateful dead would make sense in such a lost society?
You missed the window user, it’s over

You don't deserve it. Go back to your post punk angular guitars and guys singing in nervous squeaky voices.

You're either on the bus or you're not.

Attached: F6380316-FD6D-4A80-B015-8FB11FFBC727.jpg (1200x900, 125.17K)

At least you admit your experience is limited, since The Grateful Dead are much more than just "Folky country harmony based joints".

If you only heard Workingman's Dead, and American Beauty it's easy to come to that conclusion, but they do a lot of variety of musical styles as well. Listen to more material.

>Names all the well known songs
What else do you know?
(And it's Shakedown STREET, BTW)

I respectfully disagree.
The Grateful Dead's music is timeless and multi-generational.
It IS, however, an acquired taste, and not for everybody.

And how do you feel about side four of Live/Dead?

Perhaps if Kurt Cobaine had heard side four of Live/Dead, the first album, the Warlocks studio demos, or the two unauthorized concert albums on the Sunflower label, Vintage Dead, and Historic Dead, he might've actually had some appreciation for them, and this is coming from somebody who like both The Grateful Dead AND Nirvana.

love it

more of a sabbath fan than a deadhead but this comment alone still strikes me

That was actually Ken Kesey's take on The Grateful Dead, and life in general.

Nothing wrong with some Black Sabbath, but they sort of lost me after Born Again. I still need to hear Born Again, just for Brian May, and I understand their very last album actually has Ice-T making a cameo.

yeah im a lifelong fan and even I can admit they lost the thread of their character somewhere along the way.
I put on born again the other day just because ive been on a deep purple kick, so i have a fresher appreciation for the album, but same boat.

and lol yeah unfortunately the Ice-T thing is a real thing that happened. commercial decision but to ice-T's credit, he does have genuine love for the genre. frontman of his own metal group, Body Count i think it's called?

and thanks ! got sumn to check out with regards to Ken Kesey

If you like punk/trash metal crossover in the vein of Motorhead, and early Metallica, you might have an appreciation for Body Count. Also check out the judgement Night movies soundtrack where he actually collaborates with Slayer and does a medley of three Exploited songs. (We don't need your war-U.K. 82 (Renamed L.A. 92)-Disorder)

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Sometimes A Great Notion are Jen Kesey's most well know novels, but I would also recommend reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Tests by Thomas Wolfe, which goes into the history of his "Acid Test" LSD parties, his friends, The Merry Pranksters, and how The Grateful Dead used to play at those events, while they were still known as The Warlocks.