"Thls song (smells like teen spirit), of course, was totally unavoidable...

"Thls song (smells like teen spirit), of course, was totally unavoidable. l'd never llstened to this entlre album until very shortly before I was slated to work with them and I remain unimpressed. (Albini produced In Utero, the 1993 follow-up to the multi·platinum Nevermind) This song means nothing to me, other than there was a period of about nine months when you couldn't go to a public place without being sure of hearing ít. lt's a catchy pop song produced in a style that was just waltlng to explode. They're the archetype grunge band. That style was sitting there waltlng, ripe and pregnant to give birth to a new era of MTV. I don't begrudge them their success in the slightest."

Attached: 005.jpg (660x495, 121.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eugenesrobinson.substack.com/p/bigger-black-5-easy-pieces-wsteve?s=r
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

DUDE I'M SO INDIFFERENT AND SUPERIOR LMAO

"I spent about 40 minutes with these little pricks at the end of May and I haven’t wanted to strangle anybody that much in a real long time. My band shared an airport shuttle with them in Barcelona. They piled onto the shuttle late, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot. A female passenger tried to engage one of them in conversation, but he just stared at her with a dead-to-me stare while his seatmate flipped double birds in her face."

nirvana isn't such a great group to begin with. i know it sounds incredible to you
he's just quoting them.

albini really embodies a certain type of italian autism with his musical sensibility. it's hard to explain but if you know you know. he plays noise rock yet his ears are so easily offended

i bet he banged all of those asian chicks

>Produces an album for a band he previously shit talked
Indie integrity my ass.

nah, i think kurt didn't mind being blown out by albini

he is a professional. he produced for shit groups like nirvana and good ones

mind blowing to know he produced in utero but not spiderland, really makes one scratch their head (not with a shotgun obviously).

i think his production duties with tweez is very underrated, and i personally consider spiderland lost a lot without albini involvement.

its very funny those retards trying to make of albini a racist. those are idiots unable to get informed first. and btw on that photo he's playing billard with eugene of oxbow

Attached: https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_142f251c-8bfd-4217-a68b-1a11f8e507a6_1280x870.jpg (1280x870, 243.68K)

maybe he did with melt banan singer, fra-foa singer, pj harvey, nina nastasia...

>i personally consider spiderland lost a lot without albini involvement
care to elaborate? I think the album is superbly mixed and albini didn't quite have the diligence and understanding required to mix spiderland properly (the reason the band went with another engineer)

tweez production prove my point but it seems people are buying the usual narrative of the bad production of tweez
>the reason the band went with another engineer
source?

based

nah it was actually just the member that left the band that was dissatisfied with the recording process, also I think tweez has a good production quality but is stylistically very different to spiderland and I think albini's approach would have been too noisey

source and interesting albini interview
eugenesrobinson.substack.com/p/bigger-black-5-easy-pieces-wsteve?s=r

IM ANEMIC ROYALTY

the jesus lizard couldn't wait to get rid of you after you had no interest in recording down and were au contraire about everything. producers are like nappies, they need to be changed frequently and for the same reason lol

Attached: laff.gif (245x207, 2M)