After listening to Kaisarion and Call Me Little Sunshine I take back everything I said about the original nameless...

After listening to Kaisarion and Call Me Little Sunshine I take back everything I said about the original nameless ghouls and that lawsuit Ghost had. How can Tobias forge claim to write EVERY Ghost song from the 1st album until Meliora when after firing all OG band members who "contributed nothing", suddenly the tone and writing of songs sounds nothing like a progression of meliora at all? Honestly the dudes a scumbag for not only outright refusing to pay them under the guise of "oh well the bands not making that much money. even though we are selling out shows around the globe and are one of the biggest bands at the moment." but peddled the lie that they did nothing within the band.
[spoiler] I did kinda enjoy Hunters Moon and Kaisarion though [/spoiler]

Attached: Ghost_Impera_12x12-album-art.jpg (1280x1280, 320.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SaZUi0q8YSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mind giving a speedy sprint upon of the situation?

Blame this guy! Klas Åhlund

Blame this guy!! Klas Åhlund

Attached: c6R9PxZOUqlipWkVjObxvWdmo0H.jpg (521x782, 47.1K)

back pre 2016 with the band the ghouls, everyone but the singer, weren't paid fairly or consistently and they obviously complained about it. Tobias Forge, the singer, kept insisting the band wasn't making enough money to adequately pay them. At some point tensions really got bad to the point where one of the guitarists, who wrote Zenith in its entirety, was advised by the singer to quit the band after many days of arguing about pay/song compisition/etc and needless to say they are no longer on good terms. The others who stayed outright threatened to refuse to play concerts in last-ditch efforts to actually get paid.
He fired them and then they sued saying that they weren't paid well for all that they did and basically Tobias Forge said, "Oh well I started the Band and wrote all the songs and you didn't do a handshake agreement or have any contracts signed" The court case by the by largely skipped verdicts and it really seemed like the judge was largely in the singers favor.

Prequelle is their best since the debut, all good

Damn, I just started listening to Ghost the other day and it's disheartening to hear about this.

yeah. i downright worshipped this band through college. at the time of the lawsuit it seemed like the ghouls were in the wrong and dumb. But after the releases since Meliora I cant honestly believe the fucker wrote everything damn thing and the musicians were just hired guns. I see die hard fans saying "oh he's just scared of living up to the standards of the 3rd album so he's choosing a different approach to cope for it!" all while not seeing they are the ones coping. like Iron Maiden, Ghost deserves the fans it has. because they'll just gobble whatever shit the band outputs.

Have the other band members done anything since leaving Ghost?

does Any Forums love Ghost now?

i remember back then annoying metalheads would make fun of Ghost for being too poppy i think, but i actually loved them because of that. Meliora had the heaviness that a metal album should have and enough accesibility for it to be catchy and easily likeable. I hope this new album is as good.

so Martin Persner restarted his old band Magna Carta Cartel, very good band. and Air ghoul made a new band called Priest which is an electronic band. First album of Priest is pretty good and a certain song seems like its targeted toward TF (history in black) but after losing their singer its eh. still good but eh.

>Magna Carta Cartel
Digging this.
>Priest
This, not so much.

to each their own. priest is odd but I like a lot of music and they somehow tickle a bit of my fancy

Funnily enough, if the songs I listened to had included guitars I probably would've enjoyed them more.

youtu.be/SaZUi0q8YSQ here ya go user. unlisted but its great

Did you sleep through the album cycle for Prequelle? Because it's basically the same sound as Meliora except slightly less heavy, and it was recorded after the Ghouls left. This new album is obviously going for a different style, but that doesn't mean Tobias is a talentless hack who can't stand on his own. Fans like you have been saying this shit for years and I just don't get the outrage. Maybe they just wanted a scapegoat on which to blame all their nitpicky gripes with the later albums.

Prequelle is a great album and Seven Inches of Satanic Panic is really fantastic. I’m not really worried about the direction of the band. Ultimately, they’re just a solid pop rock/metal band. It’s nothing too serious.

>same sound as meliora
youre right if you squint real hard jackass but fuck no its not close to meliora standards at all. i supported him at first, but its clear to anyone with nonm room temp iq that he obviously didn't solely create every song

I haven't psyched about the singles from the new album, but I agree that Prequelle and Seven Inches are great. Prequelle might actually their strongest and most conceptually well-rounded album yet.
To me Tobias has proven himself the creative center of the project with the continuity of style from the "band" albums to the new "solo" albums, but some people seem to be hearing a completely different act for whatever reason.

When Ghost fans are also Tool fans.

Attached: 20210928_082632.png (500x617, 728.25K)

I can’t think of any reason to assume that the court just totally fucked up the Ghost lawsuit case. Meliora was their best album, but Ghost is still good. I don’t really give a shit if one of the dudes wrote Zenith. That’s not even an album track.

There needs to be a medication for the special kind of reality-disassociation disorder that the anti-Tobias faction of Ghost fans have.

hes very talented and creative thats for sure. i just don't see any of the other songs as a logical progression from any of their older work. you can like the band and see the frontman as a genuinely talented guy. doesn't mean you have to think he's not flawed or that he wasn't being truthful during the proceedings. Prequelle is mostly good and does grow on you but its certainly no meliora. which is whatever but with the knowledge this new album is being produced by the same guy that produced meliora, that just hurts that a follow up to said album could've been made but we are instead stuck with what Impera currently is.

Attached: 3626bpb0123.png (241x264, 130.27K)

>with what Impera currently is.
Which is what, exactly? I haven’t followed everything super closely with this album rollout, but it seems like this album looks pretty promising.