Genesis

progbros.. I've known and enjoyed Genesis for a while (and especially enjoy Foxtro and Selling England) but have only until recently given this album a listen. I guess it's just Phil before they go full 80s? It's such a beautiful album, with my favorite song being Ripples

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpcPAjpcJrE

Attached: trick.jpg (1425x1425, 315.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eh1dVptApmc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is just Phil trying to do a Peter impression, and other than Duke is probably the best Collins era album
the only bad track is robbery, assault and battery

>Duke

I'll check it out, thanks. I've honestly never given Collins-era Genesis a shot other than OP, but no, I don't hate the 80s. In fact I love 90125 by Yes quite a bit.. and those guys are of course fantastic prog. curious to see how "80s" Duke is.

youtube.com/watch?v=eh1dVptApmc

Great album, probably my favorite one post-Lamb.
All songs are bangers, Specially Mad Man Moon, that song just makes me cry.

>I guess it's just Phil before they go full 80s?
not quite, wind & wuthering is also a top tier prog album

Attached: Genesis-With-And-Wuthering-Album-cover-820.jpg (820x820, 119.79K)

Fuck Phil Collins voice

duke is the best genesis album period

Duke somehow mogs both 70's Genesis and 80s Genesis on the same album, it's honestly insane how much it accomplished. You'll understand once you listen to it.

this album, wind and wuthering, and duke are incredible albums, ATTW3 is also good and their 80s output is very strong 80s rock, anyone who tells you it's just phil is just a butthurt peterfag, the band was always controlled by tony banks and mike rutherford, phil even said on interviews during the ATTW3 tour that he wanted the band to turn into an instrumental jazz fusion band

thanks fellas, I'm very happy some folks here like Genesis. onto Duke now.. if the thread isn't dead by the time I am done listening to it I'll post my thoughts.

Attached: cheers.jpg (612x408, 32.96K)

>MAMA IM COMING HOME

this. it beats most peter albums imo. i wish i didn't wait so long to give phil albums a listen. a trick of the tail and wind and wuthering are definitely in the prog pantheon. i really like duke and i'll even give invisible touch a couple spins a year.

Fuck off he has a great voice

alright so those last two tracks were pretty great. but yeah I think I'm not in the right headspace for Duke, after been listening to A Trick of the Tail on repeat all day. Duchess and Alone Tonight stood out for me, besides the last two tracks. I'm gonna go backwards in time and try Wind & Wuthering soon. pic related as it is my first Genesis love from maybe 15 years ago when I first heard it. for now I'm going back to listening to Squonk and Ripples off of Trick..

Attached: folder.jpg (200x202, 13.67K)

These two are both amazing, ATOTT in particular is just about on par with Lamb. Duke is great as well, really enumerates where a Genesis pop album could conceptually succeed. Even s/t has its moments, although they really should have just released the first four tracks as an EP (and combined Home by the Sea into one track).

Based DukeCHADS, usually I lean Peter Gabriel Genesis but Duke really is a masterpiece.

It's solid and "Ripples" is great, but overall it's a bottom 3-or-4 Genesis album.

Glad you're going to give Duke a try. I find that and most of Abacab incredible. But Genesis is such a quality band that not only should you hear all their studio albums, you should hear all the SOLO albums of anyone associated.

It's hilarious how much good music they produced between the main band but also Anthony Phillips, Steve Hackett, PG & PC, Tony Banks, and Mike Rutherford/M+tM. Most of all of their albums are great overall, or at the very least simply 'good'.

The only skip coming to mind at the moment is Steve Hackett's 'Blues with a Feeling'. Have a fun journey, though, OP.

I always recommend chronological order, almost always no matter who or what ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you should also listen to s/t and invisible touch for a good idea of what phil era genesis became
at the very least they are good pop rock albums

Post 70s Genesis is pretty good prog pop stuff, the only genuinely weak albums they made were We Can't Dance and Calling All Stations.

Test

SAIL AWAY AWAY

Reminding everyone about this album. Incredible live album and the last one with Steve Hackett. When he left that was when Genesis really changed.

>Trick of the Tail
>a bottom 4 or 5 album
Horrific take.

Attached: MLj0QuV_X3LPGE12.jpg (640x640, 63.05K)

RIPPLES NEVER COME BACK

Attached: 1428785583754.jpg (309x282, 11.97K)