Is all black metal like this?

so I've listened to
>Filosofem by Burzum
>pretty cool ambient, snares too light to be as heavy as i hoped but still p good
>Storm of the Light's Bane by Dissection
>ok
>In the Nightside Eclipse by Emperor
my fav so far
>A Blaze in the Northern Sky by Darkthrone
>boring and generic

and honestly, even if i liked some, i can't help but feeling disappointed at the fact that all of these albums, in their great majority, sound exactly how i expected them to sound.
is all black metal like this? is there some black metal related thing that does something interesting and unexpected apart from the really fast drumming and unholy screamings? i really want to get into this genre but the fact that the 4 best black metal albums according to rym sound really similar to each other is making me not want to

Attached: main-qimg-2c998c4aac902713d486afd8a359e73e-lq.jpg (474x362, 36.59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kdN4pjezqs4
youtu.be/d-EHgf1Ykck
youtube.com/watch?v=ir_i4KGNyHw
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ko_ZC0LQL9k7cXUHjk25f_R8WOGFXzGLY
youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lVWMXxeBuYrET3B0GZ0CzzmsspspoZhXo
youtube.com/watch?v=DBMjQ11Iv7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=d0YZyAXvxKs
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx01fOYsc6E
youtube.com/watch?v=R2Bt38pbvlo
youtube.com/watch?v=_aVQxAej-Us
youtube.com/watch?v=M3NJHImn6QU
youtube.com/watch?v=-fIDSDShFWg
youtube.com/watch?v=yldX3_p8Sao
youtube.com/watch?v=UwIljPvrNjI
youtube.com/watch?v=hxo8FTBiZxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if you didnt like a blaze in the northern sky i'm afraid you're retarded
you wanted black metal to be shoegaze so there's a lot of blackgaze bands out there so it's ok

You would probably enjoy bands that are influenced by black metal but aren't "pure" black metal, like Alcest, Defheaven, Liturgy or any of the "hipster" black metal

>is there some black metal related thing that does something interesting and unexpected apart from the really fast drumming and unholy screamings?

youtu.be/kdN4pjezqs4

youtu.be/d-EHgf1Ykck

>is there some black metal related thing that does something interesting and unexpected apart from the really fast drumming and unholy screamings?

youtube.com/watch?v=ir_i4KGNyHw

Attached: Murmuure.jpg (1200x1200, 475.38K)

None of those albums sound that similar at all

At the VERY least, listen to Deathcrush
(here: youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_ko_ZC0LQL9k7cXUHjk25f_R8WOGFXzGLY )
and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
(here: youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lVWMXxeBuYrET3B0GZ0CzzmsspspoZhXo )
before you judge the genre as a whole without having listened to THE most important band. They set the standard for what bm's supposed to sound like and their sound and style was like NOTHING that had EVER been released in metal.
Also, FUCK rym, and FUCK YOU for guiding yourself by w/e those RETARDS say, think, or say they think.

Very unique psychedelic black metal from 1999.
youtube.com/watch?v=DBMjQ11Iv7Y

Attached: Manes - Under ein blodraud maane.jpg (482x482, 48.4K)

Extremely eclectic avant-prog black metal from 1997

youtube.com/watch?v=d0YZyAXvxKs

Attached: Sigh - Hail Horror Hail.jpg (600x600, 209.33K)

I love the really grimy, fucked up stuff like Beherit, but tbqh after exploring even the really obscure stuff, the black metal bands I listen to for pleasure tend to be the big, cinematic ones. Here are some great bands I like, though they won't win you any cool points:
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx01fOYsc6E
youtube.com/watch?v=R2Bt38pbvlo
youtube.com/watch?v=_aVQxAej-Us

Take the frog pill

youtube.com/watch?v=M3NJHImn6QU

Have you listened to any other extreme metal? So far people are recommending hipster shit, which may be exactly what you are looking for, but there are heavier "blackened" death metal artists you might like if stuff like Burzum or Darkthrone aren't heavy enough.
youtube.com/watch?v=-fIDSDShFWg
youtube.com/watch?v=yldX3_p8Sao

Also don't call early Darkthrone generic ever again! What they did was innovative, every band after them that copied the exact sound of Under A Funeral Moon are the ones who are generic.

Attached: 3540307058_photo.jpg (500x375, 30.62K)

How do you call an album generic when you have only listened to 4 albums in the genre and they are all very different versions of the genre

the albums he loved in that list were the most out there and least conventional metal ones, he wants hipster bm VR4RN

youtube.com/watch?v=UwIljPvrNjI

youtube.com/watch?v=hxo8FTBiZxo
Here you go.

I wonder if OP found what he was searching for

It's always disappointing when a bunch of people try to be helpful, and then the OP or person asking just disappears.

OP here, thanks everyone for the reccs!
checking all the albums eventually but for now i'll listen just some tracks and leave some thoughts

interesting, this makes me believe that maybe what was missing in my listening experience is some better production that lets the instruments (especially the drums) hit stronger

now this shit is something else, the ambient is gorgeous and the second heavier half is amazing, nice

this ep is sounding pretty badasss so far, Witching Hour was crazy, i like it, gonna finish it later and obviously checking DMDS too, i know that one is essential

listened to the first 3 tracks.
i don't know, i mean the symphonic-like sections are interesting but the rest is kind of the same i was talking about. Last two minutes of Uten liv ligger landet øde are nice.

continuing/

sorry i was doing something else before sitting to listen lol

all good, glad you came back