Is there anything more pathetic than an old as fuck punk rocker still trying to be edgy?

Is there anything more pathetic than an old as fuck punk rocker still trying to be edgy?

Attached: D03CEA90-E3BB-4246-A53F-3CF01731D4D6.jpg (2000x1270, 2.26M)

I don't think it's about his age. Fat Mike has always been cringey, maybe it's just more obvious now that he can't pretend to be an edgy kid. Same with the Rancid guys.

I think older punk people can be properly rebellious, but when you're older people expect you to be more intellectual, and I think that rebelliousness needs to come in a more intellectual form to be successful. So, for example, Penny Rimbaud of Crass (pictured) has done things like release more anti-war art, do an album of anti-war WW1 poetry, live in his communal space, and get into zen. It's a very thoughtful, philosophical kind of rebelliousness. Similarly, Ian MacKaye is still as DIY and anti-consumerism as he ever was, and his current indie bands The Evens/Coriky are a perfect vehicle for that message. Richard Hell has only improved as a writer/author, and he was always very talented.
On the goofier end, I actually don't think John Lydon's recent rebellious moves are cringey. I hate Trump and am firmly on the left, but when he came out as pro-Trump, I thought it was dumb, but not cringe. It felt very on brand for him, he's always tried to piss off comfortable society, and he's still good at it.

Fat Mike was never thoughtful. He's the Democratic Party liberal version of the left, I think even Chomsky types like Rage Against the Machine are probably too much for him. It's a fake, bullshit kind of rebellion, the type that wears pink pussy hats.

Attached: QVNIMTE2ODE5ODE4.jpg (640x452, 34.3K)

Mike's just Mike, why get mad about this. I think he sees himself as a fat punk who used to be relevent and is now just doing his own thing wearing dresses and doing podcasts and getting spanked or whatever.

He doesn't seem like he's out to impress or shock anyone personally. He's gotten way more cheerful and happy since becoming sober, he could be a real fucking misery before that. good for him

what you really seem to be saying is that this Fat Mike fellow has the temperament of an obnoxious middle schooler trying to piss off his parents, and that this style becomes even more pathetic/cringey as he gets older. Being edgy was never rebellious anyway--it's just corporations profiting off of teenage angst a la Hot Topic and the entire nu-metal/metalcore/deathcore scene.

Ew. What do i see now ? I'm not sure

this user gets it. look for example pic related. The man is old and wrinkled but he maintains his daring and aggresive aura. The different is that Iggy never tried to force anything, he was just himself, and he has the charm to stop a fucking train

Attached: IggyChesterRocks.jpg (1976x2801, 2.21M)

i hate him so fucking much

being fat makes you lame

Iggy hates punk and thinks its gay

fat mike is based. I honestly feel like he's just being himself. some people aren't trying to annoy people they're just like that

I was also thinking of Penny Rimbaud as a counter example. It was comical seeing bluecheckmarks seeth over his valid concerns over vaccine mandates. Almost as funny as the official Dead Kennedys account simping over Mitt Romney, with Eve 6 of all bands shitting on it.

not true and never has been

The real pathetic thing is when artists never change their style even once in their career no matter how old they get. Lack of creativity and imagination plagues 99% of musicians.

That's why Bowie, Peter Gabriel, and Talk Talk are so celebrated, excellent songs and an actual imagination and interest in working in the medium outside of what they did on their first albums.

>Same with the Rancid guys.
they are still alive?
lame.

>you'd be cooler if you were dead

At best he's a slightly above mediocre songwriter. At worst he's a (literal) millionaire faggot LARPing as Darby Crash but never as cool or offensive or dangerous or even as gay as Darby was in private. Fat Mike is the kratom to the black tar heroin that was 80s la hardcore. His only fans are above 35s which makes his annoying teen shtick even worse

Good post

Fat Mike is a very smart Jew

sticking in my eye is their only good song

Hes faking it so bad for attention

yes, you making that judgement.