Why is metalcore and its loosely connected genres metal for people who don't like metal...

Why is metalcore and its loosely connected genres metal for people who don't like metal? I think it's just because the band members look more normie. That I feel is the number one reason fans of it listen to it. "THEY LOOK LIKE MEEEE"

Attached: periphery.jpg (2151x1210, 648.48K)

there's an edgier and sophisticated version to most genres of music. both have their hits and misses. also, basing merit off of looks is shallow. just listen to music and stop being a poser.

>basing merit off of looks is shallow
People who put a lot of effort into their appearance usually suck at everything else. It's totally fine to judge a book by its cover. In fact it's kind of retarded not to.

It's plain to see that they don't come from a classic metal background. I don't know what the influences for metalcore are but it is clear that these people didn't grow up on Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, etc. Consequently it is completely detached from classic metal aesthetic.

So its metal for people who don't like metal

I don't know that core shit is more sophisticated than anything, if anything it's more teen oriented

>People who put a lot of effort into their appearance

But they are basically doing the exact opposite? What you say applies more to black metal or power metal bands. Metal/deathcore and most modern death metal bands just dress like they do in real life

>But they are basically doing the exact opposite?
Not being flamboyant doesn't mean that the look isn't planned or there isn't a thought behind it. With Periphery Its not an artistic choice, they are just nerds with zero taste. The music is bland and so is their look.

>t. retard with zero taste

I like actual metal. Sabbath obviously is good music. Maiden is awesome. Pantera is god tier. Give me some melodeath, give me symphonic metal, power metal, melodic black metal, give it to me. Metalcore is for when you want cheap cop outs in the form of breakdowns, emo lyrics and melodies. Metalheads in general for the most part are liberal normies with a little more black, metalcore is for when ur feeling emo

>I like actual metal. Sabbath obviously is good music. Maiden is awesome. Pantera is god tier. Give me some melodeath, give me symphonic metal, power metal, melodic black metal, give it to me. Metalcore is for when you want cheap cop outs in the form of breakdowns, emo lyrics and melodies. Metalheads in general for the most part are liberal normies with a little more black, metalcore is for when ur feeling emo

Attached: 1625862058749.jpg (602x402, 47.8K)

Can I get a discord invite you fucking nigger lover faggots?

Im neither a middle schooler or a faggot like you, I am skinny packing a tube sock in my jeans. It aint a sock though, thats all me. Real nigga shit

Yeah so basically metalcore is for image conscious normalfags who don't actually like metal and loathe outsider culture, but still just like to seem edgy and like "scream music XD"

Attached: 1549595023019.jpg (496x750, 61.87K)

Are you 12 years old or just stuck there?

If I was stuck being 12, metalcore would be one of my favorite genres.

Metalcore is for eternal teens, which is creepy as fuck when you consider how old they/it are now and how the whole genre was targeted at teens solely.

Attached: Scen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-7.01.30-PM.png (978x748, 374.29K)

Everyone in that genre I can think of speaks very highly of 80's heavy metal and thrash.

>muh aesthetic
Kys makeup gaylords

>power chords
>over age 25

Attached: 121509-full.jpg (211x239, 5.4K)

I have a lot of issues with Periphery's songwriting but reliance on power chords is not one.

Periphery fucking sucks ass I saw them open for dgd. Like why are you even here?

What a retarded thread. How much of a transvestite do you have to be to classify Periphery as metalcore

If you like Dance Gavin Dance but hate Periphery I have to assume your opinions in music are completely arbitrary.

The only reason people like coreshit is the aesthetic. It's much more normie, even slightly hipster depending on the band. That is the only reason people like it, how they dress,

metronomes and youtube tutorials are easy. Groove and writing riffs that are longer than two bars is hard

How does Periphery fit into this